Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one, anyway. Maybe. Still pulling the old matching green teardrop trailer....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,533803,00.html?mrp

Florida Woman, 90, Behind the Same Wheel 559,000 Miles Later

Veitch's dream car saw its lone renovation about 12 years ago, after she got a speeding ticket for going 92 mph in a 55 mph zone.

"After that, I put in cruise control," she said. "You can't hold her down, she's a feisty old girl."

Attachments

·
Registered
895 Posts
HikerChick, that's your E and trailer? Holy crap that's awesome!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
My Montana friend, how come you have missed that? :rolleyes: :D The only thing I still miss on that teardrop is the picture of The Diva. :D

HC, nice story you have found there.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Wonderful story, indeed. But the concept isn't, or shouldn't be limited strictly to chicks (no offense, hiker chick).

My Element will be six years old next month, and in spite of some cars that have caught (and will continue to catch) my interest, I cannot imagine being without my E. It just plain suits me, perfectly, and remains incredibly flexible and expansive in its functionality and versatility.

The Hobie Cat 16 behind my Element is 25 years old, and I feel the same way about it. Should I live another 25 years, I assume I'll still be driving my Element!

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Wow, she's in the same league as the 2-million mile Volvo and the rapid delivery guy that has over 1 Million miles on his Chevy van. That's awesome!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
How's the TD holding up anyway? Nothing loosing up as you go? When we get around to building our own trailer, I think I'm gonna put a mileage counter on one of the wheels just for reference.
How where what -----? info please on the mileage counter!

Teardrop is holding up most awesomely, the only problem we had was on the way home we were on a 60mph highway and there was a very rough railroad track ahead with no warning sign--we were only able to hit the brakes slighty before hitting it and the teardrop did quite a bounce! One of the latches that holds the tongue box on the camper broke.

AND we haven't had it out in a good rainstorm yet to check for leaks, the weather was so good on all our trips:)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
My Montana friend, how come you have missed that? :rolleyes: :D The only thing I still miss on that teardrop is the picture of The Diva. :D

My guess is because I get to envious when I look at the teardrop thread.:D But I can be happy for other E-ple.:D

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Attachments

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Wonderful story, indeed. But the concept isn't, or shouldn't be limited strictly to chicks (no offense, hiker chick).

The Hobie Cat 16 behind my Element is 25 years old, and I feel the same way about it. Should I live another 25 years, I assume I'll still be driving my Element!

None taken, of course. ;-) But love of cars is still more associated with men than women, so it's particularly noteworthy when a 90-year old woman has remained faithful to one vehicle (while going through three husbands).

I also admire old ladies who speed. She's a speed sister. And if she ever drives through Virginia, I know a good lawyer....

:)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I only have 453,000 miles to go. :D

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Dang . . . and I was impressed that my in-laws got 350,000 out of their Civic before it died!

Great link HC! :D

·
Registered
873 Posts
How where what -----? info please on the mileage counter!

Teardrop is holding up most awesomely, the only problem we had was on the way home we were on a 60mph highway and there was a very rough railroad track ahead with no warning sign--we were only able to hit the brakes slighty before hitting it and the teardrop did quite a bounce! One of the latches that holds the tongue box on the camper broke.

AND we haven't had it out in a good rainstorm yet to check for leaks, the weather was so good on all our trips:)
how do you manage no rain? we have never been camping with out rain.what's it like?we have learned how to put away&down our pop up pretty quick,check out 1pm,sleep till11:30 (on last day always)cook, eat, shower,rain at12:15-12:45,dry like hell,push,pull, slide,cuss, drop top hook up-go before next gully washer at 12:58.and hope we got the time zone right!!! we had a candadeian chewing on our but one time we were just acrost the time zone!!!oopps.sorry. he wanted our spot.(park was empty) I should of stayed another day. I guess some people arnt happy with out the taste of my a$$ in there mouth. I must have a sweet spot there .

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts