Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one, anyway. Maybe. Still pulling the old matching green teardrop trailer....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,533803,00.html?mrp

Florida Woman, 90, Behind the Same Wheel 559,000 Miles Later

Veitch's dream car saw its lone renovation about 12 years ago, after she got a speeding ticket for going 92 mph in a 55 mph zone.

"After that, I put in cruise control," she said. "You can't hold her down, she's a feisty old girl."

Attachments

· Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Attachments

· Registered
4,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Wonderful story, indeed. But the concept isn't, or shouldn't be limited strictly to chicks (no offense, hiker chick).

The Hobie Cat 16 behind my Element is 25 years old, and I feel the same way about it. Should I live another 25 years, I assume I'll still be driving my Element!

None taken, of course. ;-) But love of cars is still more associated with men than women, so it's particularly noteworthy when a 90-year old woman has remained faithful to one vehicle (while going through three husbands).

I also admire old ladies who speed. She's a speed sister. And if she ever drives through Virginia, I know a good lawyer....

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.