Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is true but it certain feels like my element (68K) doesn't coast well anymore when in gear and driving at around 15-30mph...

I understand the E's aerodynamics doesn't lend itself to good coasting but I feel it was able to coast much longer than it does now...

Are there any transmission issues you guys are aware of that affects the vehicle's ability to coast? Is this issue documented?

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
I'm not sure if this is true but it certain feels like my element (68K) doesn't coast well anymore when in gear and driving at around 15-30mph...

I understand the E's aerodynamics doesn't lend itself to good coasting but I feel it was able to coast much longer than it does now...

Are there any transmission issues you guys are aware of that affects the vehicle's ability to coast? Is this issue documented?
When is the last time you checked your air pressure? What about changing the rear differential fluid? Both of those will cause the E to feel as though it is dragging, not rolling freely. I'd also check the tires themselves and see how worn they are.

When is the last time you had an alignment performed? If you have too much toe in or out it will slow down the coasting as the tires fight one another.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thats strange as my E is doing the same thing but I notice a slight chatter coming from underside of the car at coasting , say 18- 30 mph.
Any thoughts? :confused:
Going to change the diff and tranny fluids, my E has 68k miles on it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
changed the diff and tranny fluid at 55K miles I have 70k now.. I can only assume the dealership changed the diff as indicated..

I replaced the front calipers myself.. :neutral:

How do I identify alignment problem? The steering wheels is pretty centered and the car doesn't pull to the sides when driving straight... does this mean my alignment is good?

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 2008 never coasts well in gear. Auto trans seems to really be geared to slow it down. Wondering how it effects mileage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts