Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a video of me driving my E as a video test for the new iPhone 4's 720p HD video camera. My favorite part is how it sounds when I pull out onto the highway at 1:40 into the video. My E's drivetrain is all stock.

YouTube Video of my E

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dude, either that iPhone has an exceptional mike, or you have one of the loudest "blinkers" I've ever heard!

I like the sound the E makes under acceleration too! Little thing sounds all big and bad when you keep your foot in it!!!!

Nice video. I was surprised that it made the RVs look like they were slanted backwards right there at the beginning when you were waiting to pull out on the highway.

The rest of it looked pretty sharp.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
720 is pretty choppy. :-(

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think that it is that bad. I don't really see the camper leaning thing (maybe because they actually are tilting?) I don't think that it is to jumpy, but I have noticed that it appears worst on YouTube than it is on my computer (YouTube apparently re-processes). Plus any other phone that records in HD is going to be 30 fps as well. You also have to remember that it is a phone that is 24% thinner than the iPhone 3GS (thinner than any other smartphone), and its camera is rated higher than the Droid Incredible's 8MP/720p camera. I recently purchased a 1080p HD video camera ($400) and it didn't even record in 720p mode (60 fps) better than the iPhone 4 does! I really like the iPhone 4.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Dude, either that iPhone has an exceptional mike, or you have one of the loudest "blinkers" I've ever heard!
Iphone 4 has 2 microphones to filter our exterior sounds you DONT want to hear, so like if your moving and you have wind.
Unless you're on a speedboat its 100% better than past iphones..

Nice vid OP

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
let's not discourage anyone from using their blinkers. there are few of us as it is. apparently the other folks feel it gives the opposition an unfair advantage if you signal what you're going to do. or perhaps they just can't be bothered, since they own the road.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Great video! That's a awesome picture coming from a phone! Now I really want an iphone 4 but that would mean I would have to switch from Verizon to AT&T which isn't too bad, my Verizon bill has been very high lately :x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts