Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my recently acquired 2003 Element EX the day after I bought it.

Just a shot of the 80,300 original miles on display at the moment of sale.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here's the interior after a thorough cleaning. I scrubbed the floor and cleaned the fabric of the seats, all using Castile Soap. It did a great job with cleaning both applications and left a pleasantly clean & fresh scent.

Trust me when I say the flooring was very dirty. It took the thorough cleaning to realize the flooring has a metallic tone to it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The center dash panel was badly scratched up and tarnished, so I wet-sanded each trim with 1000 grit then 2000 grit before painting the main panel with Dupli-Color Honda Graphite Grey Metallic (NH91M) and the shifter & radio trims with Rustoleum Ultra-cover Satin Canyon Black. I much prefer Dupli-colors quality and durability but I had the Rustoleum laying around from a previous project. Now I can test their durability side by side.

Here's the finished product. The Graphite Grey is a near identical match to the AC control main color, as you can see.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I installed blue bungee cords with blue fasteners (ordered via eBay) to compliment the blue interior accents. I doubled up the weave pattern to keep just enough tension while not needing the cords to be too tight, thereby theoretically prolonging their elasticity.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reverse lights (921 bulbs) were far too dim so I upgraded them to Philips LED 6000k bulbs that have a 12 year warranty.

Side by side comparison of the standard (left) and LED (right) bulbs.

Muuuch better rear clarity.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gauge Cluster Trim & Steering Wheel Trims, Painted

I got around to painting the tarnished and scratched gauge cluster rings and the two trims on the steering wheel.

I sanded them down only using 2000 grit as I realized on the last project that the factory paint comes off very easily. Deep cratches would benefit from 1000 grit first.

Not liking the gauge rings being silver, I opted to paint them the same Graphite Grey as the center dash.

My goal is to have the driver's controls all the same colors and leaving the AC vents in their own silver tone.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
... and here's the finished product.

I'm very satisfied with the results, really liking the rings matching the steering wheel and console trims. I feel the remaining silver on the vents, AC controls, and shifter trim now contrasts nicely.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The Ridgeline key is one of my favorite mods your E is coming alone nicely start with a nice clean platform.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Sound System Update

I recently installed a Sony WX-GT90BT headunit with bluetooth, USB port, a 7-band EQ and custom color options that I matched to the OEM greenish hue present elsewhere. It really compliments the factory amp through the MB quart speakers installed. The bass was already much improved before...

...I added sound deadener to the OEM sub box, which tightenend up and improved bass response. Here's the link to the info.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146289

The Metra 70-7863 Wiring Harness made installation a breeze while retaining full function of the OEM amp & subwoofer. The Scosche HA1701B din kit fit well.

I also installed the bluetooth microphone here, a perfect spot for it.

The bluetooth calls seem to create an annoying repeating of the called persons words on their end, which I think might be a microphone issue. That's next to figure out and correct.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, Zen & Jim. As I said in post #3... "I wet-sanded each trim with 1000 grit then 2000 grit before painting the main panel with Dupli-Color Honda Graphite Grey Metallic (NH91M) and the shifter & radio trims with Rustoleum Ultra-cover Satin Canyon Black".

1 - 20 of 32 Posts