Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my "E" in Kincardine thinking I would be a lone "E" up here in the boonies. Took a wrong turn while driving the parents to the video store and found a "E" on Princess street. Was that any of you? If I had had a bumper sticker I might have dropped it off....

·
Registered
10 Posts
E in Kincardine

Hello Isketerol - not sure if you are still online since your message was written in 2003. Never thought I would see Kincardine come up on this site. We just purchased our 1st E a few weeks ago. Prior to that there were 2 others in town we know of but not back to 2003. We talked to both these people prior to buying ours to see how they liked them and that went a long way in our decision as they both loved theirs. One is a green, one grey and ours is orange. Still trying to get used to it. We had an Odessey and then a CRV prior to owning this. Let me know if you are still reading these and if you still have an E.

Don

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
:D

This may be a new record for the oldest post revival!

I haven't seen Isky posting for a long time but, you never know.

Welcome to the EOC rintould!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yes, welcome Rintould! I live 25 miles north of you in Saugeen Shores and we have at least 6 E's in this small town. I've had mine since March 04 and am very happy with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, great to hear from some fellow Canucks. I'm new to all this stuff on computers and really didn't much expect to receive anything back. Thanks for your friendliness. Be interesting to see if Isky is out there. PVR I notice you are from Beautiful B.C. My nephew and his wife just moved out there to a place called White Rock - ever heard of it? Notice you have a 2004 and just wondering how you like the E. Would you buy another one? Have you ever done any sleeping or camping in it and if you did how did it go?

Hey Quicksilver-great to hear from someone so close to home. Never dreamt I would on a site like this. Great to hear that you happy with your E. I'm sort of just getting used to it - I guess the configuration etc. Really handy though. We were cleaning out our beds for winter today and loaded 6 large bags of green stuff in it by putting the seats up against the sides. Could never have done it in the CRV although I liked our CRV very much. Have you done any sleeping camping in yours?

By the way, we spotted a brand new green E this afternoon in our neighbourhood and know the people so guess Kincardine is up to at least 4 and I think there is a 5th one we've spotted. Funny thing about these Es - you either like the looks of them or you don't. Hey, great to hear from you both and hope to hear more.

Don

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
rintould said:
.... PVR I notice you are from Beautiful B.C. My nephew and his wife just moved out there to a place called White Rock - ever heard of it? Notice you have a 2004 and just wondering how you like the E. Would you buy another one? Have you ever done any sleeping or camping in it and if you did how did it go? ...
Yes, White Rock is, essentially, a suburb of Vancouver (about 4 1/2 hours from me).

I love my E. Great all purpose vehicle. In terms of buying another....my wife doesn't like the painted panels. :rolleyes: We don't expect to be in the market for another 8 years or so anyway.

No sleeping in the E except for a few hours nap when I'm on the road! We don't camp too much anymore, mostly B & Bs or lodges but the E is a great outdoor vehicle and basecamp for hiking, biking, kayaking and snow sports.

·
Registered
201 Posts
No, we don't do much camping anymore. But if you search this forum, you will see many innovative ways to make a bed with storage under it and even to make a cargo net for the ceiling to store clothes etc.
You just can't believe how handy the E is until you've had it for a while. You can put so much stuff in it. Several weeks ago I bought 2 aluminum storm doors with frames from Home Depot in Owen Sound and brought them home in the E with no problem. Just this week, I picked up a new dishwasher and it fit in the E standing upright. We bike a lot and it's so easy to throw a couple of bikes in the back of the E and never worry about the dirt.
Something that I think that is often overlooked is how easy it is to get in and out of the E. We're senior citizens with the usual aches and pains but getting in and out of the E is so easy compared to regular cars. Also, after you've gotten used to the E, other vehicles can give you claustrophobia!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Kincardine! I used to play in the Kincardine silver stick tournament growing up playing for Waterloo!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the responses PVR and Quicksilver. It's great to hear what others have to say and think. This has to be one of the most friendliest sites. Good to hear from you Hab Mobile. They still have Silver Stick up here. Notice you played for Waterloo so you're a long way from where you grew up. Actually I just got home from watching our Junior C Bulldogs play. Hockey is still big here as are all sports. If you get a chance come on back and have a visit to our little town Where You're Only a Stanger Once. All the best!

Don

1 - 9 of 9 Posts