Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Piotr -

Thanks for posting. How did you get your Element? Is it tough to get service in Poland?

I believe you are our only Polish member.

Stay in touch!

- Gregg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re:

Hi Greg -
I imported to Poland the Element from Florida USA.
Service no problem - Honda Poland offer all the parts for order ( bigger price )
Many parts is the same from CRV 2.4 or Accord 2.4 this Car is normaly offer in Poland. I have litle problem in alter rear and side the light for European norm.
In the Honda Poland have service manual for the Element.

The big problem - not possible is order accessory for the Element in Poland.

Regards
Piotr

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Jak się masz? Welcome aboard!

(Though I am half Polish, that greeting is almost the extent of my command of that language).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Piotr!

Thanks for the wonderful pictures- there is something about seeing an Element on cobblestone streets that made me smile!

If I may ask, what prompted you to go through the effort of importing an Element into Poland?

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My puzzle the Element

Hi Guys,

One year a go i watch Polish TV.
I see the Honda in programme "TOP GEAR".
I get "sick" on the Element :).

My good friend living in Miami, Florida. He help mi searching, sell and preparing shipment the car from Miami to Warsaw Poland.
We search three monts search appropriate the car.
The transwer E to make in container in ship - road sea ( from Florida to Warsawa 28 days ).

Ufff ! Not to be easy.
In Europe is very many barriers for import cars from USA.

Please see picture the first openning container in Warsaw...

Regards
Piotr

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Did they ship it without air in the tires, or did they go flat during shipping? Did something happen with the front passenger wheel?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Ah, just like opening a Christmas present.

Was there any damage to your rims due to the flat tires? Why did they let the air out of the tires to start with?

·
Registered
192 Posts
That's really cool. Welcome to the club! I can't imagine how neat it would be to open a crate like that and see a new car waiting. Congrats.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Piotr,

It is so cool to have you sharing this (the photos and your stories) with us. Keep us posted on the comments you are sure to get because you own such a unique car in Poland.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Czesc hello!!

What's up with tires during shipment? is that standard presider to flat them?
Any way, what gas you fill up? In Poland there is some difference gasoline octane, so how is the gas consumption?
How many km you are / liter? :wink:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Welcome. Some people on this forum think they went through a lot to get an Element, my god you worked hard to get one. I hope you have nothing but good luck from your E.

I'm assuming the air was let out of the tires so the car could not roll around inside the container. Is that the reason?

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Great story!

Congrats on your E.

DorchesterBoy said:
... I'm assuming the air was let out of the tires so the car could not roll around inside the container. Is that the reason?
This seems a little extreme, given the possibility of damage to both the tires and wheel rims. When I shipped a vehicle to Australia, all they did was tie if off front and aft in the container. No need to flatten the tires.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
About this Discussion
40 Replies
30 Participants
Olsenik
Honda Element Owners Club
Element Owners Club is your go to forum community to discuss your Honda Element, and get ideas from your next great trip to your next Honda Element Mod.
Full Forum Listing