Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know about what my insurance will increase (Texas) from
a Honda Civic EX to my new "E" 2 wd -----single driver---good driv record????

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a Honda Civic EX 2001 and traded it in for my E with no regrets. I was paying about 1000 dollars a year for insurance, now I'm paying 1200 so it went up about 200 dollars. Not bad. It shouldn't go up that much.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have an excellent driving record and my insurance basically remained within $20 of what I was paying on my 1998 Honda Civic DX!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I drove a Chevy POS~ before my E.....but my state farm agent quoted me $524/6 months on a new civic and $474/6 months on my E here in St. Louis

·
Registered
2 Posts
Soon, I'll be trading in my 2002 Civic EX on a 2004 Element. I asked my State Farm agent what the new ins. rate would be and he said it would be less. SF had some base classification for each car that was relative to how much it would cost to fix it.

'02 Civic EX -- 16
'03 Element 4WD -- 15
'03 Element 2WD -- 14

My only thought is that the Element costs less to fix becuase the bumper covers aren't painted and may be easier to replace. The El did do very well on the IIHS bumper basher test, IIRC.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
As a former State Farm-er, I can tell you the first model year the vehicle insurance is based on the MSRP of the vehicle. After the first year, they take into account thefts, severity of accidents, repair costs, injuries, etc. to come up with what they call an Insurance Rating Group. So if you have State Farm, after the first year their is a pretty good chance your premium is going to change. That being said, I find that State Farm is extremely reasonable. I had a 2002 Corolla S and the monthly premium is basically the same.

Hope that gives you a better idea of how it all works. :wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
My insurance increased a whopping $10 every 6 months from a '98 Chevy Blazer. I pay roughly $600/year in NE Pennsylvania.

2003 NBP 5M EX AWD

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ours is increasing by about 50 cents every six months over the 2000 Honda Civic LX we now have. It's about $100/month, and we're in Los Angeles county.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thought I let ya'll know my insurance went
DOWN $120.00 a year when I notified my insurance company. Nationwide - incase any one wants to shop around for a better insurance price. 8)

Just love my "E" more & more every day.

:D

·
Registered
424 Posts
I use to drive a beat up 1994 car that cost me $1,200 a year for liability and now i pay $1,000 a year for a new E with full coverage, go figure :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
i thought going from my 97 saturn to my ex E would be alot because i didnt get the alarm my insurance would be high because it's an suv i was wrong in MA the insurance company and my registration say it's a station wagon!! where it says car type it says STWAGON i don't care what they call it -- it didnt cost any more to insure!!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I really dont think Alarm Discounts are that prevalent anymore. Alarms really arent that much of a deterrent. I know State Farm does not offer a discount for Car Alarms.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm in Dallas, insured with GEICO. I traded in a 95 Ford Countour and was surprised that my increase was only in the range of about $100 per year, same coverage.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I replaced a Ford Ranger and switched to Kemper Direct from Farmers. My premium went down as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts