Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The various comments that I've gotten on the E are interesting.

One couple that started out calling it the "Honda Ugly", began talking about when they might be able to afford one, when I showed them how versitile the interior is. They seemed very impressed with how the rear seats fold up out of the way. By the time I was done showing it to them, they were admiring the Orange color.

A couple of Rav4 and CR/V owners have commented that they wished they'd waited and gotten an Element of their own. I had a very similar experience with a gent that had just purchased a Subaru Forrester. He just said, "Damn,... I didn't know about that thing." When I told him how affordable the E's are, he walked away muttering, "Damn!, Damn!"

Another guy who'd been ribbing me about buying a car that he refered to as "looking like the box it came in"; changed his tune entirely when I demoed the interior to him. He went away saying, "Forget a mini-man, I mean just FORGET a mini-van, that thing is awesome."

I've gotten almost used to sidewalk gawkers. One retired couple in Wilmington, NC, were peering intently into my E, when I walked up. I showed them the inside, and they went away saying what a neat vehicle it is.

Several people have independently commented on how useful the E is for dog owners. Yup, puppy puke is no problem with a flat, washable interior. :eek:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Puppy puke.......or Pregant, carsick wife puke........... :oops:

After I was cleaning it up at a truck stop she started laughing and said "Well at least the seats are waterproof"

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yeah, I've already been asked about it a few times... so far the only people who've told me it's ugly are my aunt and her sons, but she's got a bright yellow Aztek, so what the hell does she know? :)

Drew

·
Registered
156 Posts
Natural Wonder -- you would make an EXCELLENT car salesperson. Ever consider that? You are a natural. I'm not a car salesperson, but people have told me I would be good at it. :D

Nice job on turning those objections around!

Steve

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Me, a salesman?? Now, that's funny. I'd have to really believe in the product. But, you know what? I bet I could sell Honda Elements. I do believe that they're one of the most functional and attractive vehicles on the market and at a price point that compares very favorably to a market that I perceive as greatly inflated.

I haven't been able to convert all the nay-sayers. One guy I know, has consistantly made "pimp daddy" comments when talking about my orange E. But, it's hard to take seriously the comments of a Dodge Caravan owner. ;-)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've had my Canadian SOP Y (EX) for almost two weeks now and I love to show it off to people. Once you show them the features and benifits to the interior they get it. The fun part is catching people looking at it.

When they find out the price and all that comes with it they suddenly realise that Honda is on to something and how brilliant all of us are for having the smarts to buy ours.

I like the idea of not driving a clone. I laugh when I see all the other "look alike" vehicles out there costing thousands more. I also like the fact that the Element is actually cheaper in Canada than it is in the United States when you factor in the exchange rate.

I'm just a Canadian smiling down the road and to the bank :lol:

·
Registered
273 Posts
have you noticed all the rubber-necking that goes on while on the freeway and city streets? we've had drivers almost lose it while checking out our E... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Envy, heck!!! Men in minivans are LUSTING after my E. I've had my orange E five days and have given 3 'tours' already.
Am I the only one to think the E looks like a toaster? I'm considering mounting huge slices of bread on the roof..... :lol:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
this car is either love or hate... there's really no in between...

but look at it this way, it's definately a head-turner and a conversation starter!

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
280 Posts
[quote:e6255a3f24="kducky"]Envy, heck!!! Men in minivans are LUSTING after my E. I've had my orange E five days and have given 3 'tours' already.
Am I the only one to think the E looks like a toaster? I'm considering mounting huge slices of bread on the roof..... :lol:[/quote:e6255a3f24]

I've been describing it to people as looking like a Toaster but hadn't thought of the bread angle---hmmmm--maybe this Halloween....

·
Registered
894 Posts
It's been suggested to me to take my "E" in the Pride parade dressed up as a toaster....

Iskie

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yesterday, I had a Jeep Cherokee owner tell me that my ride is Groovy!! I think it's been over 25yrs. since I last heard that expression. When I opened it up and showed it to her, she was even more impressed. She's been thinking about a Subaru Outback, but I think I gave her something else to discuss with her hubby. :)

Today, I showed it to a dog breeder. She's been on the fence about replacing a Dodge Conversion van. She's not on the fence anymore! In fact, she even came around from thinking that the orange was just awful, to admiring it and liking it's metallic sheen. She really liked the rear seat reconfiguration options and the fact that the interior is washable. I believe her mind is pretty much made up that the E would be perfect for her. This car just sells itself. While showing it to her in a crowded parking lot, a few more folks stopped to look and ask questions. Two guys loved it, while another guy seemed to be really weighing whether the 4 person limit was a major limitation.

I wonder how many folks in the next weeks and months will wind up at a Honda dealership looking at E's as a result of seeing my orange toybox in a parking lot somewhere?... Hey Honda! Where's my kickback? :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts