Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
2005 E 222k miles. Really scratching my head here. There are random times my e will crank but wont start i could come back hours or days later and it will start fine. When it gives me a hard time starting if i get it to run it runs fine no codes no hiccups just smooth. I replaced the head gasket 10k miles ago performed leak down test and compression test (all cylinders at 190psi) to confirm all was still well. Ive replaced the battery, ground cables, positive cables to fuse box, starter, alternator (was having a serious draw issue on start up and decided to replace just about everything for a fresh start and draw issue is resolved)all coils, all spark plugs, and all fuel injectors and still the random no start haunts me. I have fuel pressure at the rail and the pump kicks on everytime. I thought maybe a pcm issue but it runs fine when it does in all driving and temp/humidity/weather conditions. Any ideas are appreciated even if your just throwing it out there to see if it sticks. My 3rd E currently have 2 im no stranger to these magnificent beasts lol

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,491 Posts
Sounds like a starter issue. Has something similar in mine, would act like a low battery (NOT the issue) or would, sometimes, not crank at all. There are several threads on how to replace, not too difficult. I replaced mine with OEM new, not much more (IMHO) that a rebuilt used one. Glad I did, no issues since!! :cool:

·
Registered
2007 Element EX AWD AT (two!)
224 Posts
He says it cranks, which means the starter is working. You need fuel, air, and spark. If you're sure you have sufficient fuel pressure, you need to verify that you're getting spark when cranking. I'd have to do some research on how the air is controlled during a start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts