Honda Element Owners Club banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
oliverwinston said:
I loved the E when I owned it and I love the FJ just as much, or maybe more. I liked the FJ so much I started a website about it. www.fjluiserowners.com

As you can see off roading must be important to me to offset all the advantages the E has.
You have 3 posts on the Element forum and you come here pimping the FJ? Good luck with the site.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well I had a look at the FJ while my E was in for its scheduled service. For the external size of the truck, I found the FJ's interior quite cramped and claustophobic with poor visibility and the back seats are useless to anyone but a small child. I also didn't like the fact that it appeared (I could find no way...) that windows in the back doors didn't open, not even in a similar fashion to the Element's. The interior plastics felt cheap and plasticy, frankly this is really saying something coming from an owner of an Element.

I couldn't test drive the truck, there was only one in the showroom, so I can't really comment on how it drives. However, I do have to comment on the logic of buying a new 35K+ (CDN$) truck and taking it off road with the intention beating the snot out of it. If that is someones goal, at least here in BC, there are importers of used Japanese diesel powered cruisers with generally less that 100K km on them for around 15K CDN$. IMHO, a used truck is a much better option for a hard core off-road vehicle, if it gets scratched/dented who cares and you wouldn't have to worry about voiding your warranty with all the extras you'll need...

Mike

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
i too just had a chance to do a little sticker (shock!) pricing of the FJ at Freehold Toyota in NJ and couldnt find an FJ for less than $30,000! a full 10,000 more than i paid for my fully loaded E! granted all the FJ's were fully loaded but thats still a lot to pay for the FJ! 2003 SSM EX 4WD Auto BFG's Peace.-Gman.

·
Registered
198 Posts
mjohnston39 said:
Well I had a look at the FJ while my E was in for its scheduled service. For the external size of the truck, I found the FJ's interior quite cramped and claustophobic with poor visibility and the back seats are useless to anyone but a small child. I also didn't like the fact that it appeared (I could find no way...) that windows in the back doors didn't open, not even in a similar fashion to the Element's. The interior plastics felt cheap and plasticy, frankly this is really saying something coming from an owner of an Element.

I couldn't test drive the truck, there was only one in the showroom, so I can't really comment on how it drives. However, I do have to comment on the logic of buying a new 35K+ (CDN$) truck and taking it off road with the intention beating the snot out of it. If that is someones goal, at least here in BC, there are importers of used Japanese diesel powered cruisers with generally less that 100K km on them for around 15K CDN$. IMHO, a used truck is a much better option for a hard core off-road vehicle, if it gets scratched/dented who cares and you wouldn't have to worry about voiding your warranty with all the extras you'll need...

Mike
DITTO!

I seriously considered both and clearly went with the Element. If you compare top-of-the-line models the price difference is about $10K. The E is much more versitle in every way and the better Daily Driver (DD), just not as off road capable. I say sell your FJC, buy a loaded EX-P and use the extra $10K for a real used off-road runner that CAN tow something!

Word to Toyota - WHERE'S THE TAILAGTE? :confused:
Word to Toyota - HOW DO YOU TOW IT WHEN IT BREAKS DOWN OFF-ROAD? :confused:

I'm quit pratial to the 60's International Harvester Travelalls :D

21 - 24 of 24 Posts