Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
[quote:b439ddd48e="medic4lee"]Remove the fuse cover panel below the steering wheel there will be a large wire harness that comes from the steering colum, right were it come out from the colum there is a short section where all the wires are exposed, find the RED wire with a WHITE STRIP and single SILVER DOTS. if you cut this wire it will disable the beeper for ONLY the key in the ignition warning, the "lights on" warning will still work and so will the three short beeps when you first start the E. TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT WIRE IT WILL TEST AS NEGATIVE ONLY WHEN THE KEY IS IN THE IGNITION. if any one has any questions I will be able to post pic in a few days when I get my camera back!! :wink:[/quote:b439ddd48e]

Thanks for the tip on this! I just want to be sure: That wire will test +12 volts (approx) when the key is out and will test 0 volts when the key is in, referenced to negative (chassis ground). Is that correct?

Thanks again,

yelapa
EX, EBP, AT, etc...

· Registered
84 Posts
I just took the plunge and confirmed what I thought I had understood. There seemed to be three candidate wires in the relatively dim light under the dash. My usual method of piercing the insulation with a pin to get juice to the multimeter lead resulted in a pierced finger and two bent pins due to the tough insulation on those wires. Naturally, it was my third choice that turned out to be the one. Boy was it nice to cut that sucker! What an annoying, er, feature...

yelapa

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.