Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
I did this on my car last night and wanted to clear up a few things. On my 2003, I didn't find the red/white/silver wire in the bundle on the steering column (I did find red/white/silver wires, but none were the wire in question). I found the wire going to the "X" connecter on the back of the fuse box. It was actually a red wire with a white stripe and two silver dots right next to each other. If you have the FSM, you can look it up in the body electrical section. It's a single row 8 cavity connector on the bottom drivers side (I think) of the back of the fuse box. The wire in question is in position 5 on the X connector. I was able to pop just that wire out of the connector without cutting anything using a small screwdriver. I taped it back up to the rest of the bundle so it wouldn't short on anything and the key beep is gone!

Edit, found an image of the fuse box on another member's website:

· Registered
13 Posts
RussTypeS, having done the wiper-delay mod, I know what a hassle it is to work with the X connector. What made you take that on, rather than cutting the wire in a more accessible spot? The desire to make the modification reversible?
Exactly, I didn't want to cut any wires. It was a bit of a pain to get to but once I found a comfortable spot to work from it wasn't too bad. I stumbled upon the wiper delay mod while trying to figure out what the other wires in the X connector were for. Thinking about that one now as well. :)

I realize it's an old thread, but it was the only one I found that had info about bypassing the ignition key switch to disable the beep. All the other threads talk about disabling the switch in the door, which I didn't want to do. Thanks to the OP for figuring it out back in 03!

Oh, and I guess it was your site where I stole the image, so thanks for that as well!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.