Honda Element Owners Club banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
RussTypeS, having done the wiper-delay mod, I know what a hassle it is to work with the X connector. What made you take that on, rather than cutting the wire in a more accessible spot? The desire to make the modification reversible?
Exactly, I didn't want to cut any wires. It was a bit of a pain to get to but once I found a comfortable spot to work from it wasn't too bad. I stumbled upon the wiper delay mod while trying to figure out what the other wires in the X connector were for. Thinking about that one now as well. :)

I realize it's an old thread, but it was the only one I found that had info about bypassing the ignition key switch to disable the beep. All the other threads talk about disabling the switch in the door, which I didn't want to do. Thanks to the OP for figuring it out back in 03!

Oh, and I guess it was your site where I stole the image, so thanks for that as well!

· Registered
6 Posts
I found some of those clips. I went to a hardware store and found one of these.

Plastic Ribbed Panel Clip - http://www.mcmaster.com/#push-rivets/=pqk661

Works great. Took out the old screw and put this in. Right away the sound was gone. Feeling proud of myself I went for coffee. Came back after an hour or so and my battery was dead. I had left my lights on. No alarm for your lights with this method.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.