Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little background on this tip: I work in the setup crew at my church and have set up communion several times as well (you know - the bread that was broken, the blood that was spilled). This requires filling those tiny cups with a specially designed filler. I got to thinking, as I needed to change my rear diff fluid, how to do it easier than a tube, threaded thru the wheel well, fill, check, etc. Then I thought about the communion cup filler. I thought that would be MUCH easier, so, I bought it and VOILA!! Easy diff change. I had to refill it once, then top off with a little more to completely fill the diff (it takes about a 1/2 qt each time). So, if you are coming up on a diff change, go to your local Christian book seller (that's where I got mine) and purchase a communion cup filler. Clip off the conical tip (see first pix), then fill your diff as needed. A little warning though - it ran $13 for the filler, so it's not cheap, but, the headache savings is WELL worth the expense..... :cool::)

Hope this helps your next diff change....... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
A little background on this tip: I work in the setup crew at my church and have set up communion several times as well (you know - the bread that was broken, the blood that was spilled). This requires filling those tiny cups with a specially designed filler. I got to thinking, as I needed to change my rear diff fluid, how to do it easier than a tube, threaded thru the wheel well, fill, check, etc. Then I thought about the communion cup filler. I thought that would be MUCH easier, so, I bought it and VOILA!! Easy diff change. I had to refill it once, then top off with a little more to completely fill the diff (it takes about a 1/2 qt each time). So, if you are coming up on a diff change, go to your local Christian book seller (that's where I got mine) and purchase a communion cup filler. Clip off the conical tip (see first pix), then fill your diff as needed. A little warning though - it ran $13 for the filler, so it's not cheap, but, the headache savings is WELL worth the expense..... :cool::)

Hope this helps your next diff change....... :)

Dude this is perfect.
Why didn't I think of this before.
I know this is over kill but I change my motor oil twice than the rear diff fluid.
It'll make things alot easy.....
I have that same one here for my G0-Kart.
I don't need to continue use of my water hose anymore, I can just use this...
Plus, keep garden hose for just the lawn now...

Thanks -

·
Registered
42 Posts
I used this tip, and it made the fluid change SO easy and mess free. I even tracked down the bottle at a Christian bookstore, per instructions. :)

This board rocks by the way. It's shown me that you can really save yourself some big $$$ by doing it yourself.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've always just used the little hand soap style pumps that they sell at the auto parts store that screws ontop of the bottle. They even come with a little tube so it makes it very easy.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Very cool! I wish I had known about that when I did my rear diff. IT would have made things MUCH less "contorted" and been a lot cleaner.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've always just used the little hand soap style pumps that they sell at the auto parts store that screws ontop of the bottle. They even come with a little tube so it makes it very easy.
This is what I used. Found it in the Auto Dept of a supermarket. Only $5.00!

Screws onto quart bottle of diff lube. Worked well and no mess.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
warning, attempt at humor follows:

you could have saved money, by just borrowing the filler from the church and returning it when you were done.
do you think anyone would notice?

<grin>

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
warning, attempt at humor follows:

you could have saved money, by just borrowing the filler from the church and returning it when you were done.
do you think anyone would notice?

<grin>
Oh that's just WRONG in so many ways!!! :lol::lol::lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts