Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get in the car and shut the doors and turn the ingnition key just to were the radio turns on and the dash lights up (position 2). It will beep for a couple seconds then stop, now open the door and you have no beep.

·
Registered
204 Posts
ahh... didn't notice at first that you said pos. 2. That is not a good solution unfortunately.

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote:aabdf6a2cf="jjj_11"]Get in the car and shut the doors and turn the ingnition key just to were the radio turns on. It will beep for a couple seconds then stop, now open the door and you have no beep.[/quote:aabdf6a2cf]
tried that and can't get it to work
is this april fool's or something ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no april fools. It works for me, you have to make sure that the key is in position 2 were the dash lights up also.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yeah, it works in position II, but not if the key is in position I for radio only. Is there any harm to leaving the car in position II like that?

Drew

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote:76182839a7="Drew"]Yeah, it works in position II, but not if the key is in position I for radio only. Is there any harm to leaving the car in position II like that?

Drew[/quote:76182839a7]
Not that I know of.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
[quote:e66272b91d="jjj_11"]Get in the car and shut the doors and turn the ingnition key just to were the radio turns on and the dash lights up (position 2). It will beep for a couple seconds then stop, now open the door and you have no beep.[/quote:e66272b91d]

i assumed that it was common knowledge that the key can be left at the ON (II) position without the beep and radio functions enabled, as it has been like that on pretty much every car in the past 2 decades...

but the purpose of the ACC (I) position is to power just the Radio and Outlets (and on most other cars, the windows...which is kidna weird that the element doesn't let you operate the windows at ACC (I))... when you turn it to the ON (II) position is starts the testing and diagnosis cycle of the car, which is why all the various lights come on, and it also provides power to the other features such as the air conditioner.

i can't find the sources right now, but i recall reading a couple of articles stating that it isn't good to leave the car at the ON (II) position for a length of time...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Other then battery drain I don't think it matters much. Before electronic ignition I had always heard the points could be damaged.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts