Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An easy way to keep wax off of the side panels is to just use some 1 1/2" wide masking tape to mask off the panels. it takes less than 5 minutes to prep the whole vehicle.

·
Registered
914 Posts
or you can just not wax your car...it takes all of 0 minutes.

you can also just wax your car and go back over the panels with some left over peanut butter, and probably take the same amount of time.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Pay attention, Dan! She's talking dirty again! Get those paddles out!

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Since you’ve already “exposed” my agedness in another thread, I get to tell this story about my uncle back in the 30’s. He was a dentist who used to do charity work at a mental institution in New York state. Some residents were “OKed” to wander the grounds, and one of them had “permission” to regularly polish and wax my uncle’s 193_ whatever-year-it-was luxury car that dentists drove in the 30’s, but I seem to recall it may have been a dual-cowl Cadillac V-12. After only a few short months the paint had literally been rubbed off by the diligence of the individual at the task. Shades of “Rain Man”!

I’m inclined to side with Hawaiian E here, and to go with the no-waxing-takes-0-minutes philosophy. But I’m old and tired, as it’s already been so graciously pointed out! Someone else here on the site has threatened not to apply any treatment to their composite panels as well. He/she or I will serve as the baseline in the “how well do they hold up?” query, OK?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I would most likely go with the 0 minute technique as well - unfortunately if I do not care for the E (as it does not have a garage) I will look like the "typical" woman who "only drives her car" (doesnt know anything about it). This would especially be true on days like tomorrow (Sacramento Apple Hill Meet) - when I will me around 10 other E owners who dont know me from Adam (or Eve).

I can appreciate the old tired thing. I used to take care of my grandparents. I just dont think its that much of a crutch (you whiner). I got my 70+ year old cancer ridden grandma out of a wheelchair and walker after she broke her hip - I think you can handle a little razzing at your young age. :p

TTFN - I'm off to find some stud to wash and polish my E. (Yeah right!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is a thin nylon sheet made for using in the kitchen as a flexible cutting board, pouring shield. It makes a great mask to protect the fenders while polishing. It's flexible to fit the curves yet wide enough so a large surface can be polished at once. I really like the way it worked. :idea:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts