Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been searching the threads and I dont see anybody moving the Ebay center console way foward. Am I the only one? In my 2010 I wanted it far enough foward so the cooler/console still opened so it does not sit between the seats at all. Also this makes it very comfortable to drive with your hand on the wheel and elbow resting on the console. The other thing it does is cover the stock cup holders but just ordered 2 Fischer folding cup holders that I plan on mounting on the back of the console.Installed 1 of the cup holders that come with it on the front right to hold an ashtray.The parking brake is still accesible with a little twist of the wrist. The other thing it does is not having to worry about the little stock armrests holes,just flipped them up. Being tall the other mod I did is raise the whole thing 2 inches. Fit a custom piece of wood on the bottom edge where it sits on the existing console,painted it black even though its unseen. Also took off the hindge that came with it and put in a piano hindge and the lids much more sturdier. I could not be happier with this console.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When the cup holders come and get installed I will post pics.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just curious -- anything new on this mod? Considering getting an EX instead of an SC. Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm interested in getting one of the eBay consoles: Link

I was watching this company's auction and they had a BIN price of $108 plus shipping ($19). I'd read on here that they've done a "Make An Offer" auction in the past and have accepted $75 plus shipping. Currently, the price is $136 plus shipping. I'm just not sure if it's worth the latest price.

Do any of you know another supplier of this style/type of console?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm interested in getting one of the eBay consoles: Link

I was watching this company's auction and they had a BIN price of $108 plus shipping ($19). I'd read on here that they've done a "Make An Offer" auction in the past and have accepted $75 plus shipping. Currently, the price is $136 plus shipping. I'm just not sure if it's worth the latest price.

Do any of you know another supplier of this style/type of console?
Here is one that I'm looking at that is lockable: http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-84-012-series-ii-security-console-8-wide.aspx

I bought and installed this console (bigger one) in my K2500 diesel Suburban and it works fine in that application. The only issue (of course there's always one, right?) that I can come up with is the asterisk that says the factory console may have to be cut. The only way for me to know exactly how it will look is to buy it and see what develops..... unless one of our E brothers have already done this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is one that I'm looking at that is lockable: http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-84-012-series-ii-security-console-8-wide.aspx

I bought and installed this console (bigger one) in my K2500 diesel Suburban and it works fine in that application. The only issue (of course there's always one, right?) that I can come up with is the asterisk that says the factory console may have to be cut. The only way for me to know exactly how it will look is to buy it and see what develops..... unless one of our E brothers have already done this?
BTTT - Has anyone tried this console in an Element? A locking console would be a great mod...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts