Honda Element Owners Club banner

EEK... Gearshift locked

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Daveroo 
#1 ·
First off... seeing how it is my first post and all :oops:
I do not own an Element
But I REALLY REALLY want to

A co-worker bought one about 3 maybe 4 weeks ago. Today, the gearshifter was locked in park. She tried to get it to release, read the manual (a few pages shorter then War and Peace) and even talked with a Honda Technician.

NO GO
So... long story short... she is driving a new Accord until they figure it out.

I am curious to see if this is common.... or just some fluk of nature.
Did I mention, she is blond?

Okay....
I have read over complaints about the Element, and I can live with em all (I think)..... this one, could be a deal breaker... no good to have a car you can't drive.

BTW, I have yet to drive one.... perhaps this weekend (career eats time)

Thanks...

MAWorking

See less See more
#2 ·
MAW

I got a 5-spd-eliminates that possibilty right off the bat...

Test-drive it, you'll like it. I said the same thing, came to this board and read more and more, then went to the dealer prepared, and got to test out everything. Its all about the testdrive though, and your personal preferences.

Haven't heard of anything like that happening yet...anyone else?

btw, Welcome

#4 ·
It could be almost anything.

If you park it at 2 degree angle on drivers side, with the rear raised 1.78 degrees higher, sloaping to the SW, with 3/4ths of a tank of gas.... the wipers will engage. :wink:

As for me...
Im sold on the style of the car. Price is fine (I can afford more, but why would ya?)

I hear complaints about rode noise.... no biggy... Im deaf. (no joke)
No stereo.... see above
You can feel the road. GOD I LOVE THAT!!! That is what I hate about other cars. I want to know Im driving....

It really has been just a time issue....

#6 ·
You can go back & edit your posts if you want to correct those spelling errors!

So where are you located? Deaf, eh? I used to work as an interpreter (for the Deaf), so for me I find that fascinating!

This shifter jamming incident is the first I've read of it here, so hopefully this problem will remain unique. But I haven't read every post, either. Wasn't sure how much I was going to like the Element, even after I bought it. But I find I like it more & more each day (I'm on day 3 now). What a relief! Long way to say that I hope your experience is the same if you should decide to purchase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.