Honda Element Owners Club banner

EF Painted Engine Covers

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  qsilver074 
#1 ·
Yes, a nice little dress up part. Painted (11 coats) spark plug and intake manifold covers. All Element colors, resistant to 600 degrees Fahrenheit.

$75.00 for the set, shipped.

[/img]

See less See more
#6 ·
[quote:2a640346e6="Staggie"]It's interesting, but it looks like a completely different orange than SOP. Will future ones actually match the Honda paint?[/quote:2a640346e6]

Actually, the orange I used was a damn good match... if I added a metallic coat and a clearcoat, it would be almost perfect. The pictures don't do it justice, really. I'll try to get one in the light.

#10 ·
[quote:9e1e04e28d="Don Chico Brewing Co."]Wow, makes me wish we got an SOP just so we could get some of those things. That really looks good.

I guess I am out of luck, since I don't think Shoreline Mist would be too exciting in the engine compartment.[/quote:9e1e04e28d]

I'm going to be honest rather than a salesman, and say the black would probably look best with Shoreline Mist.

#11 ·
Is this done with the covers still in or are they removed?

#15 ·
[quote:1644d5f05d="qsilver074"]When did Chevy make an Inline 4 smallblock painted orange?[/quote:1644d5f05d]First, I was kidding, and I think your mod looks cool, but I didn't say "It looks like a chevy inline 4 smallblock painted orange"? I said, "It looks like a chevy smallblock"! :lol:

So to answer your question, of course Chevy never made an inline 4 smallblock painted orange, but they did make the 327 and the orange looks the same. In fact, the ceramic paint you used is probably manufactured as a chevy orange.

Check it out...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.