Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came across an intake for the Element, so I bought it on a whim...I always do things like this, hehe.

It's a Weapon-R (#801-142-103) Dragon system. They have a ram air and cold air thing for it too, which I'll probably get a little down the line just for the hell of it. I own a speedshop, but I don't carry Weapon-R products, so unfortunately, I had to pay retail for it. Oh well...I'll take pics, and let everyone know how the install was when it arrives...

http://www.weapon-r.com/dintake.html

[/i]

·
Registered
504 Posts
[quote:087a3bb6b2="MatT3T4"] ...I had to pay retail for it.[/quote:087a3bb6b2]

Ouch. Sounds pretty good on the website. Can't wait to see some pics of it installed in your E.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was $181 shipped ($153 before tax and shipping). Considering that Nopi (rip-off) sells it for like $175 plus shipping, I guess it was alright...I just couldn't wait any longer..hehe

·
Registered
245 Posts
[quote:decf82da2b="MatT3T4"]It was $181 shipped ($153 before tax and shipping). Considering that Nopi (rip-off) sells it for like $175 plus shipping, I guess it was alright...I just couldn't wait any longer..hehe[/quote:decf82da2b]

U got PM..........hey great..and after I read your commnets.......well I guess I will do the same...............Nice going :lol:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Love to see installed pictures as well as any notes on cutting or drilling to get it installed.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I can't wait to see the photos either. i really want to get rid of that huge black plastic intake - it really crowds under hood space.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm probably repeating myself but...I noticed that the part number for the Weapon R also fits the Si and CRV.....so now I'm curiuos if that's the case then all the other brands ...Injen, AEM...that fit the Si would fit the E.... :?: :?: ....I called Adventon and they said all sales final.... :oops: .so I can't try it and if don't fit return it....grrr....why......why.... :twisted: :wink:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Or you can just wait, and not have to mess with it.

I just contacted my machine shop, and we're going to CAD up and mandrel bend a Cold Air Intake, and I'll sell it on my new website. If you want, I'll give you a prototype model.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, sorry, I didn't have time to photodoc the entire install...I was in a rush. The install was a bit of a pain in the ass, mostly because I have big arms and big hands, and it's not the best setup for something like this, hehe. There was only one problem, and that was with the AIT sensor. There was a grommet on the intake, and the AIT sensor had a problem staying in it, so I just used some duct tape, because duct tape is manly, and it can fix anything...and it did. :lol:

It sounds awesome! It is loud as ****. I don't know about the power increase, because it is realistically impossible to tell, so I won't go on about "OH MY GOD IT'S SO FAST!!!" :roll: It's fun though, sounds nice, and it's a little more responsive off the line.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
few more pics...I carry spoon sports products, and since there aren't a lot of parts out for our cars yet, I just got some spoon parts that can go on any honda, heheh

·
Registered
245 Posts
[quote:e94b6ff1ad="qsilver074"]Or you can just wait, and not have to mess with it.

I just contacted my machine shop, and we're going to CAD up and mandrel bend a Cold Air Intake, and I'll sell it on my new website. If you want, I'll give you a prototype model.[/quote:e94b6ff1ad]

Sounds good Q, let me know when this happens and we can talk......

[quote:e94b6ff1ad="MatT3T4"]Ok, sorry, I didn't have time to photodoc the entire install...I was in a rush. The install was a bit of a pain in the ass, mostly because I have big arms and big hands, and it's not the best setup for something like this, hehe. There was only one problem, and that was with the AIT sensor. There was a grommet on the intake, and the AIT sensor had a problem staying in it, so I just used some duct tape, because duct tape is manly, and it can fix anything...and it did. :lol:

It sounds awesome! It is loud as crap. I don't know about the power increase, because it is realistically impossible to tell, so I won't go on about "OH MY GOD IT'S SO FAST!!!" :roll: It's fun though, sounds nice, and it's a little more responsive off the line.[/quote:e94b6ff1ad]

Nice pics Matt, I know there is allways stuff that you come accross when working on cars....it happened when I istalled my Injen CAI on the S....everyone I asked they said 2 hours max....right......it took me 4 and that was not counting going to the dealer to replace those push in clips that I broke trying to remove the fender.......well here is a picture of a K&N SRI that I got from a Si hatchback.....look and compare and give me your comments...........today was the wife's birthday so having the picture and opening the hood of the E was out of the question....but with your mechanical background...check out th differences and similarities....

·
Registered
107 Posts
It seems the placement of the filter element is in an awkward position. Think, the exhaust header is back there... you're going to be sucking in hotter air than you would by the battery.

Here's my prototype plan. I have to finish CADing everything.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There will be absolutely no difference in ambient temperature between the Weapon-R, and your prototype, trust me. Anything in that general area will suck in the same temperature air. I'm going to fabricate a ram air system though, that will bring cooler air to that area...it won't make much of a different, but on a cool day, it will flood that area with cooler air...small difference, probably. I'll probably look at it this weekend, it should only take me a couple of hours to think it up, buy the parts, and install them for it. I will photodoc whenever I do it, if I get to it this weekend.

·
Registered
245 Posts
[quote:e2a6d613eb="MatT3T4"]There will be absolutely no difference in ambient temperature between the Weapon-R, and your prototype, trust me. Anything in that general area will suck in the same temperature air. I'm going to fabricate a ram air system though, that will bring cooler air to that area...it won't make much of a different, but on a cool day, it will flood that area with cooler air...small difference, probably. I'll probably look at it this weekend, it should only take me a couple of hours to think it up, buy the parts, and install them for it. I will photodoc whenever I do it, if I get to it this weekend.[/quote:e2a6d613eb]

Danm ImageStation blocked me ...hey here is a pic of the Injen....what do you think?...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Why not just test fit it? Disassemble your intake, it only takes about 15 minutes if you don't drop tools into your engine bay, hehehhe :oops:. Swap it over and see if it works...

·
Registered
245 Posts
[quote:2845f68caf="MatT3T4"]Why not just test fit it? Disassemble your intake, it only takes about 15 minutes if you don't drop tools into your engine bay, hehehhe :oops:. Swap it over and see if it works...[/quote:2845f68caf]

No....I have a CAI on the S, I took the picture from ehatch.com as suggested by Chunky.....I would have done that long time ago... :roll: :wink: ...so unless I have a sample on hand and can return it....I have to do more research...besides man is the wifes ride and don't want her pissed at me.... :wink: ....with the defroster separated from the AC she has noticed a major change in the peformance on the E...she used the def most of the time and noticed a LAG...now even I can tell the difference without the AC kicking in when you don't want it to...so not to change the subject a SRi is the way to go.....a CAI ...not for her...she's a great driver but ...In God we Trust....if you know what I mean.... :D :mrgreen:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts