Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,

My E: 2005-LX Black Pearl

Im thinking of getting Eibach Front And Rear Lowering Springs drop 1.7 front and rear. also i will change all 4 stock shock to KYB GR2 Gas Shock absorber.

do you guys think i really need camber kit?

total spend on springs and shock $643 (free shipping)
labor for installation around $230

is it worth it to change to eibach?

thanks

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
hi everyone,

My E: 2005-LX Black Pearl

Im thinking of getting Eibach Front And Rear Lowering Springs drop 1.7 front and rear. also i will change all 4 stock shock to KYB GR2 Gas Shock absorber.

do you guys think i really need camber kit?

total spend on springs and shock $643 (free shipping)
labor for installation around $230

is it worth it to change to eibach?

thanks

Eibach builds quality products so if you want to drop your E, this brand is a great choice.

The camber kit/pro alignment is recommended for proper tire wear 8)

-Matt

·
Registered
168 Posts
Kyb's are oem replacements and are not that strong if you are going with the 1.7 you should be fine with what u have. I was on oem struts and stechs on my old e and it was fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kyb's are oem replacements and are not that strong if you are going with the 1.7 you should be fine with what u have. I was on oem struts and stechs on my old e and it was fine.
i see, now i can save more money,,,, thank you, thank you.....

your Stech drop 1.5 isn it ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
eibach install

i just got my eibach spring installed with stock Struts, rear camber kit, new falken tires and alignment. now, the ride is much better but when i turn the steering wheel to the left or right, i hear some soft knocking noises from the front and while driving noises coming from the rear almost like the bolts are loose. did research on the forum some say requires shock absorber bearing and some say tighten the rear sway bar or replace the rubber.

i did check on the rear sway bar everything looks fine and tight, also did spray some WD40 on rubber. didn't solve the problem.

now, dont know what i should do.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
front soft knocking sounds while making slow left or right turn -- problem solved

i fixed the problem by moving the clear rubber tube almost at the top of the spring. :grin::grin::grin::grin:

next problem i need to figure it out where the rear rattle sounds coming from

·
Registered
40 Posts
i fixed the problem by moving the clear rubber tube almost at the top of the spring. :grin::grin::grin::grin:

next problem i need to figure it out where the rear rattle sounds coming from[/QUOTE/]

Still unable to fix rear rattle sound. Anyone????

CHeck to make sure you have the top hats on correctly there is a front position. The service manual says there is an indent mark on the top mount that needs to be facing inside. whats weird is my mounts did not have the indent markings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CHeck to make sure you have the top hats on correctly there is a front position. The service manual says there is an indent mark on the top mount that needs to be facing inside. whats weird is my mounts did not have the indent markings.
thank you,

i did found out the rear right struts blown. it was fine when install the Eibach spring. anyway, ordering 2 new struts for rear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts