Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello E club. I was thinking about adding the Eibach lowering springs.
What are your thoughts?
Are they worth it?
What all do I need to purchase with the springs?
Is it something that I can do myself or should I take them to a shop?
Do they fit better with stock struts?
Is there something better than Eibach?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Had them on my SC for awhile. Worth the price and very good product. I wanted to go lower so I opted to get some coilovers. The Eibach kit lowered it close to 2" all around. You will wear out factory struts by about half their life. The ride on them was nice and I have had Eibach on previous rides, good company that makes good product. You can do it yourself if you have the knowledge and it really isnt too hard. You will need a spring compressor tool, If you don't have one Autozone rents them out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Have them on my E....love the ride, and height.....perfect if you want to put 20s too. Installed myself with a friend, pretty easy, half a day project, rent a spring compressor like Burtch stated and your golden.....you can find pics of my ride with them installed under the Exterior section look for my 808LunchBox post. Buy them you won't be disappointed :grin:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Different brand, But just put on fresh . Now that the grease monkey drama is done ; I'm loving the ride . I got the 2" drop and it put my tires at the fender wells which is good with me as my E is my "work truck"
I'd assess your ride and see if your sway bar mounting bushings and link ends need replacing , even tho they are not directly linked - I opted to tighten up mine all at the same time for that "new car feel" and are not a great expense.

My list: penetrating spray, hot torch (ox / map- or ox acet) spring compressor, willing help, plenty of time.

057.jpg

075.jpg

080.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts