Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie here, just having bought an '04 awd E. After spending a couple weeks here on the forum, I decided to buy an Injen exhaust system, but am having some serious second-thoughts about the online vendor I chose: Einjen.
Their website looks professional enough, but I'm looking for shipping info and can't seem to contact them; very strange ringtone on their phone and no answer. A websearch reveals nearly nothing about the business, so I wonder if I've been duped and need to contact my credit card company and attempt to nullify the transaction.

Anyone have any experience that relates to my situation? Thanks in advance.

By the way, this site is GREAT -- found out in 5-minutes what the dripping water under my car was (the goofy way the defrost default runs the AC without the light showing). Thanks for the terrific wealth of information and the friendly willingness of everyone to help!

--Ron

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
I have never heard of them before your post. Here is what I found:

They list their addy as
EInjen
788 E 200th
Cleveland, Ohio 44119

If you go on Google maps, that address is a Convenient Food Mart with
a couple of gas pumps in front of it. Not a good sign.

If you type the 888 number into Google, you will find all kinds of companies
that aftermarket parts with the same number and address.

Some under this name:
Ash Kurt LLC
788 E 200th
Cleveland, Ohio 44119

Here are some of the sites I found:

www.kintakes.com
www.teinside.com
This site comes up as well, looks the same as the ones above but
says its in Texas.
www.masterperformancestore.com

I have no idea what to think. I personally only order from know companies
or authorized dealers. Good luck, keep us posted on what goes on.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I know that exact gas station, a kid who owns(or maybe owned) it and he has(had) multiple buisinesses under the roof, he seemed shady, I would call your credit card company, your likely never to see your exhaust. I used to work near the place, if you have no luck, I can take a 25min drive to take a look, it's been a while since I have been over that way, so it may be different now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Guys, for the effort, info, and thoughts. My credit card co. suggests I wait the 10 days ground shipping would likely take and see what happens; I'm confident they will reverse the charges if needed.

Seems odd though, that someone would go to all the trouble of designing a legit-looking site just to try and rip people off (but it probably happens all the time).

Tomorrow, I'll call Injen and ask if they've ever heard of "Einjen", ever wholesale to them, etc. Eventually, I'll get to the bottom of this . . .

That said, what's a GOOD place to get an Injen exhaust for my E???

--Ron

·
Registered
730 Posts
One of the sponsors on the site CarID.com sells 'em! I think there is a coupon code "Forums" that can be used.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for asking . . . Just returned from several days in Portland with kids/grandkids, but before I left home, called my credit card company and asked them to reverse the charge, which they did, pending the Einjen response, if any. No box on the porch when I walked in an hour ago (would have been stunned if they actually sent anything, after seeing how they operate).

So back to square one with several lessons learned, but some info to share with the forum: "Einjen" (along with Drive Mods) is BAD NEWS and if someone doesn't go to jail, there's no justice. Also, a rep from Injen promptly returned my email in which I asked how to tell a genuine product IF anything ever got sent. The answer was professional, caring, very informative -- these guys obviously want to protect a hard-earned reputation, and from the response alone, I can tell this is a company worth doing business with.

Thanks to everyone who shared here -- this is a valuable group to be associated with!

--Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts