Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had electrical issues with the Element? Yesterday while driving, I noticed that when I slowed down to a near-stop the radio, lights--all things electrical--would shut down for a second. This morning when I tried to go to work everything was dead--no ignition, lights, nothing. Five minutes later, I tried again and everything was fine--lights were working and it started right up.

I've noticed for a long time that I get a strange dimming of lights at certain RPMs and I'm wondering if the two issues are related.

Anyway, does anybody have any thoughts on what might be going on here?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Anyone else had electrical issues with the Element? Yesterday while driving, I noticed that when I slowed down to a near-stop the radio, lights--all things electrical--would shut down for a second. This morning when I tried to go to work everything was dead--no ignition, lights, nothing. Five minutes later, I tried again and everything was fine--lights were working and it started right up.

I've noticed for a long time that I get a strange dimming of lights at certain RPMs and I'm wondering if the two issues are related.

Check all battery connection for lose fasteners, cables AND corrosion!!!

The Battery may be at the end of its useful life-cycle.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Thanks EX. The battery is a little over a year old. Cables and terminals are tight and clean. Not sure what's going on...
Look again!

I have an Accord who had been running my battery dead. I too had confirmed any and all connections. Turned out that the lead from the alternator had a tight but internally corroded connection and would not feed the battery any longer...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Sounds the same as with my Honda VTX1800 motorcycle. I had checked and triple checked the battery connection but the fix was at the other end. Trace your cables and make sure they are tight and no corrosion from end to end. Also check any other connections at the alternator as well as the vehicle grounds.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I’ve had similar issues with the dash completely not working. No lights and all gauges to zero. It seems to happen randomly and will last for awhile.

maybe a separate issue, but my shifter gets completely stuck and won’t let me shift out of ‘park’

Also, sometimes it’ll crank but engine won’t start until multiple attempts. I’ve bought a new battery twice now because thats the only thing mechanics tell me to do.

I’m wondering if it has anything to do with this recall?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts