Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey members,
I'm dealing with an electrical issue right now. Battery is good, less than 6 months old, alternator is good, both tested. However, battery light keeps coming on, and it seems as though the battery is getting drained. My mechanic tightened all the wiring connections, light went out for an hour, then just came on again.
I'm not a mechanic, but from reading the posts on this forum, the ELD could possibly be the problem. Anyone dealt with this issue in the past?

Thanks, N

·
Registered
39 Posts
My sons crv did the same thing, everyone tried to sell him a batt. It was not ideling at 800 rpms................ Needed a tune up, did that and all is good again, ck your idle rpms.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok,
Battery light Light comes on and off again. battery and alternator are still good. Would replacing the ELD do anything pertaining to this pain in the ass?

·
Registered
566 Posts
The usual ELD issue has been dimming of headlights when easing off gas and not batt light going on/off. I changed my ELd when this happened and the dimming went away.

FWIW - I'm an electrical idiot, so I wouldn't trust anything I say about electrical problems.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing recently. I went ahead and replaced the alternator, haven't seen the battery light since. Even though mine was charging something was still wrong with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts