Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parking lights and dash lights do not go off when I remove the key from the ignition and exit the car. This problem just started today. Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Stuck or defective switch, or a short!

Start by unplugging the switch. ( light gray connector at the base of the steering column, You need to remove the Steering column cover to see it) If the lights go off it's the switch. If not then you will have to look for the short.

Dom

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(Curious)...Could this have been caused by spilling milk on the steering column, if some leaked in? (don't ask....)

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Actually the ignition switch has nothing to do with the parking or head lights - unless you've modified the wiring. :confused:

You don't have to have the key in the switch to turn on or off. The lights are controlled by the switch on the steering column and you have to manually turn off the parking / head lights with that switch.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Actually the ignition switch has nothing to do with the parking or head lights - unless you've modified the wiring. :confused:

You don't have to have the key in the switch to turn on or off. The lights are controlled by the switch on the steering column and you have to manually turn off the parking / head lights with that switch.

Benny is 100% CORRECT!

I assumed that the switch had been tried !

Dom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts