Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So back in June '13 I introduced elefante to you all; a 20082 EX, AT with aftermarket roof rack, side steps, tint and bike rack 49k miles and meticulously maintained by dealer by original owner.

I then proceeded to mod it, dip it and make it a custom dog/bike/kayak/ikea stuff hauler and enjoy many awesome experiences with it.

I then proceeded to remove the dip and this is what I found underneath!

In all seriousness I sold my E on CL for a pretty penny and then by sheer luck I found this one for sale, spoke to the seller (originally purchased from the dealer with all paperwork and records) and convinced him to sell it to me for LESS than what I sold mine for. :-D

In summary, elefante is now a 2010 LX with 17k less miles than before, immaculate condition inside and out and ready to continue having many more adventures in the days to come!

I give you elefante 2.0 8)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Congrats, you'll love it. The only thing that frustrates me about the car is its "Tantanium" interior!

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Welcome back

Nice new Element you got their. Almost hate to see you dip over that color, but I'm sure it will look amazing. Nice to already have all your accessories and home made mods to just drop in. I think you should add a huge moon roof to it. I really actually miss mine. See you around my friend.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats, you'll love it. The only thing that frustrates me about the car is its "Tantanium" interior!
Being that it's not my first E, I already loved it.
I actually really prefer the change in color of interior as scratches and wear seem to blend in more than on solid black interior panels. big bonus for my needs.

Nice new Element you got their. Almost hate to see you dip over that color, but I'm sure it will look amazing. Nice to already have all your accessories and home made mods to just drop in. I think you should add a huge moon roof to it. I really actually miss mine. See you around my friend.
thanks. I like the color and will keep it as is for now. But no doubt I will dip it sometime down the line. for now I plan to dip the hub caps...thought about getting wheels for it but the tires are at 50%+ their thread life and I've been getting 26mpg and I like to believe small wheels have something to do with it.
As for moon roof, I'd totally consider it but I'm also playing with the idea of a DIY roof top tent down the line.
All in all I am very happy with it, especially since I bought it for less than I sold my 08 for!
Keep in touch buddy.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Now that's a deal! I can't wait to see where this one goes. Curious about that roof top tent, too!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
If anyone could figure out a DIY rooftop tent it would be you! Congrats on the swap which seems to have turned out very well.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Already started adding some stuff.

Avs window vents
Splash guards
Rotating blind spot mirrors
Console 12v fridge/heater

All worked great on my recent camping trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Swapped out the hub caps for some EX alloys thanks to an EOC member for a great deal!

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Swapped out all the lights for LEDs and HID headlights.
Amber DRL, amber parking/turn signal and 6k headlights.

Really like the clear bulbs look inside the headlights housing.

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Home Depot indoor/outdoor mat. Improves the acoustics while driving and protects against scratches and scuff when hauling stuff... Easy to remove and sweep or vacuum and most importantly... Doggie approved.
Instead of cutting and tucking it under the plastics I just cut it so it could easily be removed and cleaned off outside the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also installed some istep sidesteps.
I really like the sleek look and how the lines match the rims.

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
28 inch light bar.

Bolted onto the front bumper support.

It's a combo flood/spot bar.

MUCH more light than I expected.

Completely inappropriate light around town.

I'm very satisfied with my purchase.

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^^ the fridge heater was a Craigslist find... Like most all my other finds ;)
I didn't expect much for what I paid and I've been thoroughly impressed.

It keeps cold drinks cool all day without even being plugged in, so it has pretty good insulation.
And when plugged in it'll chill some cans and sandwiches within 30min.
And the heater element heats up luke warm items to just under hot. So perfect for warm pizza or maintaining hot cocoa or soup hot.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts