Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way to work this morning, my wife's large coffee spilled on the floor. We're talking 20 oz, and not just coffee, but fru fru coffee with whipped cream and sugar etc. 5 minutes, a handful of paper towels, and a spritz of fabrese later and it's as if it never happened. God I love this car!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Out of all of us E owners, am I really the only other person who's done this??

I'm not sure who gets the points in this morning's mishap... I sloshed part of a huge cup of coffee (with sugar and cream) all over:

1) Myself
2) E seats
3) E subwoofer
4) E carpet on floor
5) E plastic panels

My jeans absorbed an extraordinary amount... some coffee beaded on the seats, but it seemed to me that some also may have got into the driver's seat. We'll see...

I turned around, went home, called in late to the meeting I was going to, put my jeans in the wash, and then proceeded to the E with paper towels and a bowl of warm water with a teeny bit of dish soap in it & began to blot down the many many surfaces sporting coffee. Getting the ridges on the manual gear shift was lots of fun. After about 20 minutes I think I got most of it, but I could see that some definitely got into cracks near plastic panels. I tried to wedge the edge of paper towels into it & blot it.

I didn't bother with the carpet under my seat - blotted what I could, but I think I will need to shampoo it to get out milk & sugar. Too bad I hadn't taken it out for the summer yet!!

So wish me luck with smells! I think I'll take the Fabreeze out tomorrow & spritz freely.

If that doesn't work, I am thanking all of you in advance who have posted info on how to remove panels & clean the hard-to-get parts!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts