Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With great joy (yet also great sadness due to the damage done) I bring you news of one Element's triumph over a worthy adversary, the dreaded Range Rover.

The scene: Downtown Boston, 12:30am, July 12th. The air is still damp with the rains from earlier that night. Our hero cruises up Berkeley Avenue towards Storrow Drive, the Sunset Orange Pearl paint of his mighty steed glistening in the streetlights. Traffic is slowing to a stop up ahead - our hero must not be delayed in his quest to return home! He switches lanes to the left. As he approaches the traffic, he spies his nemesis - the Yuppie-Piloted Range Rover. Our hero has encountered this beast before, and knows of their complete inability to acknowledge that there are in fact other drivers on the road. His muscles tense in anticipation of what may come. As the nose of the trusty Element on the left is in line with the rump of the Rich-*******-Mobile on the right, our hero spies what he was dreading the most - the Rover's left blinker springs to life! He knows what is going to happen next; the scene has already played out in his head. His hand springs forward to the steering wheel, his horn sounding his prescence. This matters not to the Yuppie - he is the true ruler of the road! "Everyone must give way to me, for I am far too important to be bothered with such trivial matters as safe, considerate road manners!" Our hero braces for impact...but it does not come. He thinks he has defied fate - could it be? Has he passed the Rover without incident? His mind screams, "Yes, I've done it! I truly am bless-"SMASH! His elation was premature. The great, lumbering beast has collided with the Orange gift from God. Our hero sighs with great sadness, applies his left blinker, does a goddamn head check, and pulls over to the left. He will not be going home a happy man.

Long story short - tried to pass a Range Rover on the left, he doesn't look before changing lanes. Hits the side of my poor Element.

Damage to me - minor scrapes and dents on both passenger side doors.

Damage to him - Driver side headlight completely popped out, part of front bumper ripped off, dents/scratches in fender, front grill popped out.

He's at fault, and has waaaay more damage.

I win. :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
storrow is a disaster when wet!

Good thing no one was hurt.

When I was an Emerson student I lived at 100 Beacon. We would tally up the accidents on the S-curves each time it rained. They happened so frequently that I'm surprised they never put down grooved pavement or some such thing.

I've been rear-ended twice on Storrow. Once was by an out of control Jeep Wrangler that was going way to fast around the curves. Its wheels were completely locked as I watched it slam into me. I could do nothing. I had to come to a stop for a bunch of idiots who had spun out and then gotten out of their car and were standing right alongside it in the MIDDLE OF STORROW DRIVE.

I haven't been hit in the E yet, thankfully. I love-tapped someone else, though. It takes a bizarre amount of force on the brakes to keep my '08 from rolling forward in drive. I'm going to have it looked at. I didn't even realize I was creeping forward.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Are you available for bed time stories?!? :)

So sorry to hear about your E damages. Hope the Yuppie-Piloted Range Rover has $$$$ in repairs!

·
Banned
151 Posts
I agree! I enjoyed reading that (not about you getting hit), sorry to hear about your ride though

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Sad but great reporting. Its nice to hear the little E did great and the beast got broke. Yuppie was probably on the phone as how could you not see a SOP coming at you!!!!:D Look twins...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts