Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read this article:

https://jalopnik.com/heres-what-those-rubber-flaps-are-hidden-behind-your-re-1828016409

"Normally, you don’t see these air extractors (also called exhausters or pressure relief valves) because they’re hidden under a plastic bumper cover on the outside, and under trunk trim on the inside. But valves like this exist on pretty much every car, and consist of simple plastic housings with elastomer flaps that blow open when the pressure in the cabin is sufficiently higher than outside, but that otherwise remain closed under their own weight."

I thought I was familiar with my "E," but I've never seen one of these. Am I just not paying attention? Do we have one? Where?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Darn, just had my bumper off today to paint it--I would like to see what kind of exhaust fan I could stick there.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Could they be in different places in different model years? My '08 has large exhaust-like vents which are exposed when the rear suicide door is opened. They look exactly like the GM style vents I'm used to on pickup trucks and SUV's behind the front edge of the driver's door.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts