Honda Element Owners Club banner

161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't want to think about it

I don't want to think about giving up my Element at all. I purchased late in 2011 to be sure that I have one for years to come. Unless someone comes up with an alternative in the next ten+ years, you'll see me picking up a new Small 4 door pickup truck.

·
Registered
184 Posts
narrowed my search down to the new subie crosstrek or the mazda cx 5. the mazda comes out next month and the subie sometime this summer. awd and over 30 mpg for both. i know i will miss the tailgate and flat-no carpet interior, but looking toward the next 8-10 years of ownership i can't justify buying a newer element with what the cost of fuel will be over that time.

·
Registered
428 Posts
crosstrek & cx.5 both have significant smaller interior than Element.
Why not also try out new CR-V. I really really like the new volvo-dish look, i-MID system, ECON gas saving move, & gas is not bad with 22 city & 30 highway for AWD, 23 city & 31 highway for 2WD.

·
Registered
184 Posts
i can live with the smaller interior. local honda dealership has pissed me off so much i am leaning away from another honda. an average of plus 6 or so mpg over 150,000 miles or so, is worth the smaller interior to me
prolly miss the tailgate the most

·
EOC Rank: BANNED! :)
465 Posts
My replacement (mom got my E) is the Subaru Forester.

Pros: Great gas mileage, good interior space, handles great, fun to drive, reliable, can tow a bunch more than the E
Cons: No "spartan" utility feel like the E, too refined for a basic function car, bland styling, less interior room, carpet and cloth yuck

Overall I miss my E's personality, but the Forester does nearly everything the E did while getting better gas mileage and feeling like a sports car which a ton of storage. I got mine for a steal at the end of the model year and so far my only complaint is that the tire pressure warning system seems overly influenced by the cold. Not a big deal. Covered the carpets on the floor with rubber mats which helped, but my seats are already filthy.

If Subaru came out with a spartan, "baseball bat whackable" version of either the Forester or the Impreza wagon I would be in heaven. Or if Jeep stopped putting all that electronic BS on their Wrangler and made them reliable again. Ah well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well I bought my Element a month ago. I didn't really want to buy a discontinued vehicle for the obvious reasons. But after looking at what the market had to offer I realized at this point in time, the E is the only vehicle for me. I sure hope someone does something inspired in the next 5 to 10 years.
After 13 years in Previa All-Trac heaven, I have found a suitable replacement. The above post expresses my sentiments exactly.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My replacement (mom got my E) is the Subaru Forester.

Pros: Great gas mileage, good interior space, handles great, fun to drive, reliable, can tow a bunch more than the E
Cons: No "spartan" utility feel like the E, too refined for a basic function car, bland styling, less interior room, carpet and cloth yuck

Overall I miss my E's personality, but the Forester does nearly everything the E did while getting better gas mileage and feeling like a sports car which a ton of storage. I got mine for a steal at the end of the model year and so far my only complaint is that the tire pressure warning system seems overly influenced by the cold. Not a big deal. Covered the carpets on the floor with rubber mats which helped, but my seats are already filthy.

If Subaru came out with a spartan, "baseball bat whackable" version of either the Forester or the Impreza wagon I would be in heaven. Or if Jeep stopped putting all that electronic BS on their Wrangler and made them reliable again. Ah well.
i thought my next vehicle would be a forester, i really like everything about them except the old four speed transmission and resulting fuel mileage it gives. i could go for the "baseball bat whackable" = entire vehicle with plastic panels !

·
Registered
4 Posts
jeep patriot

The Jeep Patriot is fairly close to the Element in many ways. Better off-road ability, slightly better mpg (according to the sticker), but somewhat less cargo space. Reasonably priced.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The question to all of you... when you can no longer get the 2011's, what's your next choice, the closest thing out there (for you) to an E?
First off, nothing can replace an Element; except of course another Element! : - )

For now, we would just keep on searching for a lower mileage pristine Element. They are out there! Here's proof: An Element with only ~ 3500 miles sold a few days ago:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love my E. It is still the perfect car for me, does exactly what I want and is comfy on long drives. That coupled with it being safe and having 4WD makes it a win for me. Since I will be hitting 12 years with it, the age is showing. My choices are the new Honda Passport, Mitsubishi Outlander, Jeep Compass or a Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited. The Passport and Wrangler are close to fitting my needs but Jeeps gas mileage has me worried. The Passport will have to come down in price for me to get one. I don't see Honda really pushing them at all here in NE. Much like the Element.

161 - 171 of 171 Posts
About this Discussion
170 Replies
90 Participants
Rockett5150
Honda Element Owners Club
Element Owners Club is your go to forum community to discuss your Honda Element, and get ideas from your next great trip to your next Honda Element Mod.
Full Forum Listing