Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my element a week ago and the wife and I took off with the dog camping first thing. I filled up and got just over 500 km for the tank. The reserve light came on 5 minutes before I pulled into the station. When I turned in my civic and I was bracing myself for the increase in gas costs but I must say Im really surprised it only costs me 32$ to fill the tank (with reserve light on) and Im getting over 500 on every tank so far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have managed 700KM's on a tank of fuel. I drive at 2800RPM or about 95KPH on the highway! You have to fill the thing to the very top. I have found that after the pump clicks off you can usually get another 10 litres into the tank. It takes about 3 minutes to do this.

·
Registered
894 Posts
700 km? Whachu talking about Willis? On how many litres of fuel?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that they only have an eigth of a tank left after 400KM, Or is it just my gage. I know I could go another 200KM atleast because when I fill up it only takes 35 liters for 400KM.

rick

·
Registered
894 Posts
About the same here. The "E" for Empry seems to show early. On my S-10, I would have about enough gas for 60 km, on the "E" enough for 100 km easily.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My salesman (who also has an Element) suggested filling the tank up as soon as the low fuel light comes on. Then you subtract the number of litres it takes to fill it from the 60L tank so that you'll know how much fuel you have left when the light comes on.

He said when his comes on he has 11L left which should be good for around another 100km on the highway.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Agreed. That's my observation as well. Good to know how far you can go before it's desperate.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My 5spd is very consistent. My fuel light comes on at around the 500km mark and it takes about 48-50 litres of fuel to fill it up from there. If I let her run completely dry before re-fueling it would go 600km with no problem. I am very pleased with the mileage of the Element. It is completely acceptable for a vehicle that has the aerodynamics of a box of crackers. I have been tracking the fuel consumption from day 1 and it is spot on with the claims made in the Honda brochure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts