Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw one ceiling console for the Element on eBay.
I didn't know enough about how they were installed and passed on it.

Searching the threads and inet, I don't see any 'aftermarket' or alternatives to the Element ceiling console.
I'm not interested in video screens, just looking for a practical place for sunglases, garage door opener, pens, etc.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket, or a unit from a different car manufacturer that can be installed into my 09 Element ceiling like the SC unit?

thank you

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Several people have installed the Honda one, like in the SC - do a search for the instructions

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I know some folks have installed the SC's center console but I don't remember seeing any of the SC's ceiling consoles being installed in any of the other Element models. I know the SC has a different ceiling contour probably to allow for the deeper storage pockets to fold up. I'm sure it could be done with some effort and modifying but I doubt it's a direct bolt-on, hell, even the standard ceiling console requires a bit of prep and cutting. I just don't think the Element's ceiling guts easily allows for any ready-to-install aftermarket storage consoles. With a bit of fiberglass work and another console I'm sure something could made to work.
I think the EX console would be the easiest and best looking option tho.
Just don't be afraid to hack into the headliner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts