Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought an '09 EX 4WD last week. I went on our first road trip from NY to DC yesterday and noticed that on the highway, the car drifted slightly left. I'm used to driving like this because my old Jeep did the same thing, but what would cause this to happen on a new car? Why would it only happen while I'm driving on the highway? Should I bring it in to the dealer to be checked out?

Thanks!

Johnny

·
Registered
127 Posts
So I just bought an '09 EX 4WD last week. I went on our first road trip from NY to DC yesterday and noticed that on the highway, the car drifted slightly left. I'm used to driving like this because my old Jeep did the same thing, but what would cause this to happen on a new car? Why would it only happen while I'm driving on the highway? Should I bring it in to the dealer to be checked out?

Thanks!

Johnny
I think you should take it to a NASCAR race!

·
Registered
357 Posts

Thanks!

Johnny
I would check to make sure all your tires are inflated evenly. Then ask yourself if the road is crowned? Honestly where I live very few roads are actually flat. Most are crowned for drainage.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I'd take it to a (level) parking lot and see what happens when you let the wheel go.

My E was cranked down so tight on the truck that one of my rear wheels was out of alignment so bad it triggered a VSA code.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts