Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I have a 2005 EX that I purchased last year from Honda. I believe the clutch had recently been replaced before I bought it.
I replaced the CMC and Slave cylinder shortly after I got it because the pedal was making a lot of noise (lube didn't help).
I went aftermarket from Rock Auto on both, and it was perfectly quiet for about 6 months.
Then it came back and the noise got worse and worse. The pedal also wouldn't return all the way, so I knew I had to replace it again.

This time I spent like $400 on a genuine Honda CMC and slave cylinder. Perfectly quiet. Now 2 months later I'm getting the first signs of pedal noise again.

TLDR: I see a lot of people on this forum saying they are on their 4th or 5th CMC. My big question is, why?? What are we doing wrong with the installation that it only lasts less than a year? My only theory is that the replacement clutch used some aftermarket pressure plate that puts too much strain on the hydraulics, but even that I don't know about.

Does anybody have any tips on what I can do to save my genuine parts before they get worse? Appreciate any advice from those manual owners out there!

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT (two!); 2008 LX FWD AT
1,717 Posts
You're sure the noise is from the master cylinder? Checked the pedal assembly? In what way do they fail; what fails that makes the noise?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts