Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I came out of the restaurant at lunch today, I immediately saw a black Hummer parked beside my SMM Element. There was a woman standing between the 2 vehicles and she was looking at my Element. The driver's door was open on the Hummer so I immediately figured the woman owned the Hummer. As I walked up, she looked up and asked if the Element was mine. When I replied in the affirmative, she said that she really wanted one and tried to convince her husband to buy the Element instead of the H2 but he would have no part of it. I asked if she liked the Hummer and she replied that it was ok but was too expensive, too big, and gave her claustrophobia when inside. She then grinned and asked if I wanted to trade. Boy, was that an ego trip I took as I laughed and jokingly replied that I doubted her husband would want to pay the difference I would want.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Had quite the opposite happen to me on the road into work today. I was behind a big ol' H2 and at each stop light people were checking out the Element (as normal) but were taking advantage to compare the two. Body language was pretty easy to read. I passed him up a pretty steep grade (those things are dogs on hills) and he made a point to scowl at me. Either that or he was just ugly.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Kayakin' Dan,

I have been researching kayaking in N GA. I do not kayak but I would like to try someday. I like to go mountain biking but I cannot in the summer because of the sweltering heat, so I was looking for something cooler to do outdoors. I have been researching kayaking extensively but I live in an apartment right now and have no room for a kayak. I've thought about an inflatable kayak but I'm not sure. I'm just wondering how I can get into kayaking at an affordable price. Also I have no friends that kayak so I was wondering if their is a kayaking club or network. I live in Cumming GA so I am within proximity of some good rivers.

If you can email me some advice or information, that would be great. My email is [email protected]

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
The guy in the hummer was probably just ugly!

The E goes up grades great. Awesome on the hills to vegas from california!

80 with cruise all the way!

Karl.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes, the Ellie does excellent on hills. I gain about 3000 ft on the last 12 miles of my commute every day. The Ellie cruises up that hill, no sweat.

Folks look at me there too. The mountain residents love the Element, but with the curves on the hiway, etc, it is hard to interact with them.

I have never seen a Hummer up here tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts