Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner wondering if the off the shelf interior bike rack is an ideal solution to carrying two road bikes inside? I like the idea of a permanent mount but it seems it may get in the way of hauling other stuff around...is it better to mount the fork holders (spindles) on a two by four cut the width of the bed, then add velcro fasteners to hold the board to the bed of the cargo area? this could be moved to the side when not in use and allow you to use the cargo area for anything else...Anybody have experience, opinions, or strong feelings on this? thx.[/list]

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used to just slide two bikes into E, but muddy rear wheels brushed against rear of front seats.

Now, I have two fork mounts screwed into 2x4 in a staggered formation. Set 2nd fork mount at a different height. The stagger helps offset handlebars from each other. Performancebike.com sells Xport fork mounts for $19, often on sale 50% off.

Look closely at the last 2 inches of floor bed. If you cut the 2x4 46 1/2 inches long and shape the ends into a triangle it will stay put. Easy to use and store.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another option is to put both rear seats up, then bungee one bike on each side to the handles. 1-2 bungees holds a bike pretty stable. I haven't tried two bikes, but I think you would still have a decent amount of storage between the two of them. Good luck!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put the seats up against the walls, stood 2 bikes up and bungeed them to the silver hooks in rear and they were stable. Got some black stuff from bike tire on seat but wiped right off!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts