Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Element Logo Came Off - How do I clean it up?

I was washing my "E" when the towel caught the corner of the Element logo and it was ripped off. Initially, I thought no big deal but I could not clean up the **** and glue or whatever they use to attache it. I've tried some Goo Gone but it didn't work.

I'm thinking I will have to take it to a body shop to have it sanded down and repainted unless someone here has some suggestions.

Thanks, I appreciate any help!!!

Photo is attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Goo removal

A lot of people remove their badges on purpose. Try searching one of those threads for ideas. I'm surprised goo gone didn't help, but you shouldn't need a body shop to fix it. It may just require a little elbow grease.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
you need to squirt the goo gone on it and let it soak into the foam for a while then scrape it of with a plastic razor blade (not a regular one) or get something similar like the "bojo" tools used for removing panels in the truck and scrape with those. i had no issues taking the h of the back of mine and it is the same tape used to hold it on. i used goo gone and it worked fine, just have to read the instructions on the bottle and not just squirt it on a rag and go at it.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Element Logo Came Off - How do I clean it up?

I was washing my "E" when the towel caught the corner of the Element logo and it was ripped off. Initially, I thought no big deal but I could not clean up the **** and glue or whatever they use to attache it. I've tried some Goo Gone but it didn't work.

I'm thinking I will have to take it to a body shop to have it sanded down and repainted unless someone here has some suggestions.

Thanks, I appreciate any help!!!

Photo is attached.
I know its going to sound weird....but after 20 years experience in detailing here is what I would use. Take some peanut butter on your finger and swirl it into the leftover residue. It may take a few times of rubbing and wiping, but it will come off!

·
Registered
136 Posts
That is cool that it came off, it was waiting for you to take it off. It makes the element even faster now!!! I actually just debadged my E this last weekend. Use some goo gone, your finger nail, a little elbow grease and then follow up with some good wax a couple of times... I also think the peanut butter might work some too but take a little longer. I think it is similar to getting gum in the hair use peanut butter to remove.

·
Registered
39 Posts
my friends have always used heat to remove their badges, try a hairdryer to melt the glue? may make it easier to scrape/rub off

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wd-40

I've had success with WD-40 in removing adhesive residue. I typically spray it on the rag/towel and rub it over the residue, scraping with a little finger nail pressure through the rag/towel.

I always follow up with a good soap and water wash of the area and some wax......

Just finished moving my "H", and intend to remove/relocate the Element and SC soon!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don't put anything on it. Hit it with a hair dryer or heat gun if it's not hot where you live. Then grab a terry cloth towel, wrap it around a finger and start rubbing the adhesive off. I debadged mine and tried to use the Goo gone like everyone else was doing. It just made it slippery and added about 45mins to the project. The secret is heat.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Don't put anything on it. Hit it with a hair dryer or heat gun if it's not hot where you live. Then grab a terry cloth towel, wrap it around a finger and start rubbing the adhesive off. I debadged mine and tried to use the Goo gone like everyone else was doing. It just made it slippery and added about 45mins to the project. The secret is heat.
Even if this method doesn't work, you're only out of a few minutes instead of a few dollars worth of Goo Gone.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I used a hair dryer and then goo gone to clean up after. Easy Peasy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts