Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Element: IIHS' Top Safety List

Not sure how many other people need convincing that the Honda Element is actually one of the safer Smaller "SUVs"/"CUVs" on the road, but it seems that the IIHS has named the 2010 Honda Element one of the safest vehicles in its class.

List as Follows:

Honda Element
Jeep Patriot with optional side torso airbags
Subaru Forester
Volkswagen Tiguan

http://www.iihs.org/news/rss/pr111809.html

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I was watching my local news and they had the top saftey pics.
Exactly how the reporter said the list of them:
Large Car: 2010 Buick Lacrosse
Mid-Size: 2010 Audi A4
Compact Car: 2010 Honda Civic Sedan
Large SUV/Crossover: Dodge Journey
And surprisingly the small suv is the Honda Element.

Suprisingly, come on, kinda p'd me off. Hey, maybe that just caught the eye of potential buyers. Also, it makes me feel better that my E's value just went up some more(not really but too me it did).

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
The article that I read in the paper this morning said the insurance institute had dropped a number of vehicles because of inadequate roof strength. Apparently they have started to test that. Evidently the Element has a strong roof.

From the start there questions about whether the side door design weakened the Element's body and roof. Some even wondered whether the windshield problems were tied to this. But it was also clear from the earliest crash tests that the Element's body did well in side impacts. Deformation was limited. It was the lack of side air bags on the earliest models that lowered its ranking.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
It was interesting to see that the data was generated by actual crashes.

That is to say that real world/street data was gathered. That's far more accurate than the lab crash tests to my way of thinking.

Dom

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Awesome news, but comes as no surprise to me at least. I've seen many crash reports on here for several years now and always been amazed how incredibly well the Element passengers hold up. Rolling, T-boned, head-on, etc. the element people seemingly always walk away mostly unscathed. I'm thrilled to see the real-world official recognition of this though!

All hail the box tank! :-D

BTW anybody have the link to the actual report? I'm lazy...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I've seen many crash reports on here for several years now and always been amazed how incredibly well the Element passengers hold up. Rolling, T-boned, head-on, etc. the element people seemingly always walk away mostly unscathed. I'm thrilled to see the real-world official recognition of this though!
You missed rolled down a ravine, and trapped for 8 days...

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for moving it, but how isn't this a headline? I'd think it would be pretty important to someone looking at a 2010 and worried about safety...

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
we can play move the thread all day (and into the night) but the simple fact is that like twi said the overall safety measures on the truck havent changed. if i move it to 2010 then somone will want it moved to a different section later on, and most people use the search feature anyway...or they should.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
One more reason to love my E. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts