Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the thread and as of right now do not own an element. I am seriously consider buying one for my new vehicle in may. Everything about it so far I love but my one question is how does it handle on the beach? I'm from nj so any input to beaches in this specific are would be great but anything will do. My basic question is how compact does the sand have to be for the element to perform well and how loose before I get into big trouble? Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Grats, welcome on post #1.

If you use the search function (just under WELCOME, [your name] yadda yadda yadda. You will get a multitude of threads on the subject.

Ive driven mine on the beach with some pretty deep/loose ruts. Check out my pics in the "off road pics" thread.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Mine gets on the beach in Galveston readily. Vehicle clearance and tire width have more to do specifically with how loose of sand you can deal with. Stock, the E will do better than decent on compact to moderately loose stuff...as in if you don't go more then ankle deep, you should be good to go. Deeper than that and you begin pushing your luck a bit if it's a long stretch of really loose sand. Keep in mind you're dealing with a light duty vehicle...wider and/or aired down tires will help. Rule of thumb is to keep from going more deep than half the vehicle's clearance for the loose stuff.

In general, it will do just fine...

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
I was at Pismo Beach last year and it did fine, I was even able to take it out on the dunes after dropping the Air pressure down.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I drive mine at Assateague Island all the time. You have make sure that there is room for the transfer case/ tranny the get air cooling. Otherwise, it overheats, and stops putting power to the rear end. The beach is often soft and deep, so I straddle the ruts to keep from bottoming out. But down near the water or after a long rain, the beach sand is hard and you can go anywhere. Deflating to 15psi is a must!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts