Honda Element Owners Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have the Element owners manual in PDF form on their computer? I'm waiting for an owners manual to come in at the dealership and I'd like to look over a PDF copy if anyone has one and would share?

When I had my civic, the owners link on the honda site made the manual available for download, but it doesn't have that option with the Element. :(

Help!?

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Someone HELP him out! He actually wants to read the F'ing manual. :grin:

Honestly I've never heard of a PDF available but someone may have a link to something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This may help a little...

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/om/E10303/E10303MAINIDX.pdf#search='2003%20honda%20element%20owner%20manual'

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Bellz said:
Does anybody have the Element owners manual in PDF form on their computer? I'm waiting for an owners manual to come in at the dealership and I'd like to look over a PDF copy if anyone has one and would share?

When I had my civic, the owners link on the honda site made the manual available for download, but it doesn't have that option with the Element. :(

Help!?

I do know the 2006 owners manual in pdf format is on the owner's link web site. I've downloaded it. Not sure if the '04 is there or not.

you might want to check again...

https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com

the 2006 owners manual link:

http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/assets/OWNERLINK/Model/own_man/honda/2006_Element.pdf

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
unfortunately, at the honda link, years prior to 2006 are chapter by chapter. you have to download them individually.

oof, i just checked again, and they are not even chapter by chapter, but page by page!

useless...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Owner's manuals in PDF format, courtesy of techinfo.honda.com:

The 2003-07 PDFs are are internally linked, with discrete files for each section, so can be viewed online. The 2008-10 versions are very large, monolithic files, so should be downloaded to your computer before viewing. (Right click, save-as.)

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
We have removed all references in this thread to "torrents" and other illegal distributions of the Element service manuals. The Owners Manuals are distributed in electronic form by Honda and are intended by Honda to be free for the asking/downloading. The service manuals are NOT.

If you wish to have a service manual, buy an authorized copy from your local dealer, online parts and accessories suppliers such as H&A, or the manual publisher, Helm, Inc.

...mike
EOC Moderator

·
Registered
21 Posts
Owner's 03 Manual or Complete 03 Service Book

Does anyone have any extra owner's 03 manual you want to sell or service 03 book for a Honda E? Please do offer if you have one. Just got a used 03. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Does anyone have any extra owner's 03 manual you want to sell or service 03 book for a Honda E? Please do offer if you have one. Just got a used 03. Thanks.
See Post #7

Chief

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Helms no longer has most of the Element manuals. You can buy a legal, licensed CDROM with a PDF of the service and electronic diagnostic manuals from rockautoparts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Owners manual not available online at Honda...

I just purchased a used 2004 Element, it came sans Owners Manual. I registered at owners.honda.com, and there is a link to download a manual. Unfortunately, all you get from the download is the index page (EL0404MAINIDX), and right-clicking on the internal links just gets you another copy of the index page.
Honda wants to sell me a manual for $34, but I'm not buying. Any ideas?

Bob Shaffer
Gilbert, AZ

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I have it in pdf, may even be linked internally. It's around 5mb, too big to upload to the forum.

Pm me an email address, i can send a copy tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Welcome, Ibbshop.

Yes, the 2003–05 manuals are collections of pages, not monolithic files. Thus you can't download them (except page by page), but you can use them just fine as they are, since they're fully hyperlinked.
ramblerdan,

Only in a world where data transfer and storage are assumed to be prohibitively expensive would single page downloading of operating manuals make sense.

Honda wasn't that stupid an organization. They just went through a period of bad management and budget cut that lesd to poor IT staffing. When the early manuals were first available on Ownlerlink,they were downloadable as single files, each around 5mb. A later site change at Honda broke the links the correct files and they were never correctly restored.

That's the consequence of taking on expensive projects that were totally unrelated to theur core business, and not understanding their customers wanted economical reliable vehicles, not $100,000 walking dolls or executive one-off jets. Thank dog(bert) for the tech crash and recession. If not for them Honda would be history.

I finally figured out that the crab commercials were trying to say the Element had a spacious interior. Thank God they didn't try to build a space vehicle. (Imagine CRABS ... IN ... SPACE.... Pinch?... No pinch?....)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Happy, What are the chances that you still have the Honda Element wiring pdfs available? I'm currently troubleshooting a passenger window problem and they would certainly be useful. Thanks, Dave Cannell <[email protected]>

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just need a little info... why is it so hard?!

Apparently I need to replace the Variable Valve Timing (VVT) Pressure Switch on my 2003 Honda Element. When looking at a picture of the part it looks fairly simple - unplug wire assembly, unscrew old switch, screw in new switch, plug wire assembly back in and you're done.

Finding a service or repair manual for the car is proving to be a nightmare! All I need is for someone, or some site to show me with either a picture or a diagram, where that VVT switch is located. I will try to find out the answer to my question by looking through the manuals posted in this thread (Thank you!), but I've tried before with other cars and always got to some run-around place that wants me to "sign-up", or "take a survey" to get access to the document. I will cross my fingers for this excursion and leave a standing question with you all: Where is the VVT pressure switch located?

Thank you, Mike Owens

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.