Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Does anyone know if the 08 Element steps will fit an 09? Thanks, Randy
The 09 steps fits older Elements. They have the same mounting points. So it is safe to assume that older model steps will fit the 09 Elements.

Some of us have put 09 steps on our older Elements. I have the 09 steps on my 04 Element. However, as of this time, I do not know of anyone who has tried putting the older model steps on the 09 Elements.

Out of curiosity, why do you ask? Having had the older steps as well as the 09 steps on E, I personally believe the 09 steps fits better aesthetically as well as functionally. The new shape compliments the Element's shape very well and they are at the proper distance and height for better usability.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Agreed with Snuff regarding the 09 steps fitting the 08 and older models. Not sure about the older steps fitting the 09 E's.

I know that some of the older steps have 3 mounting points per step (as opposed to 2 points with the 09 steps). They probably will if the outer two mounting points align the same way/dimensions. I cannot recall anyone with an 09 fitting the older steps. Might have to be a try/check and see... mock fit it...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Snuff...Guess I am just wierd but I like the looks of the older ones better, plus I feel as if the older ones with 3 mounts vs 2 would be a lot sturdier if they were ever to be actually used.
From what I have heard, most people do like the looks of the new ones better...

i

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I would check your 09 E to see if the 3 mount points still exist behind the sidesills, if they do, then they probably will fit.

Hey Snuff...Guess I am just wierd but I like the looks of the older ones better, plus I feel as if the older ones with 3 mounts vs 2 would be a lot sturdier if they were ever to be actually used.

i

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Having owned both the older as well a the 09 steps, I can attest to the fact that the 09 even with only 2 mounting points are just as sturdy. I use mine frequently.

However, I will not try to dissuade you from getting the 08 sidesteps for your 09. If you like the looks, by all means, definitely try to get it. This is your Element and it should reflect you.

Your next step is to take a look under your E. Just as Vfxraven said, you'll need to see if the mid-mounting points are still there. Since most of the 09 E frame has remained the same, there is a strong possibility they are still there. I wish I had a definitive answer for you, but I have no access to an 09 E.

Below is a link to the installation instructions for the 08 steps from H and A Accessories' website. It shows where to look for the mid-mounting points on page 2.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/element/08steps.pdf

If the mounting points are there, my best guess is they would fit.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Does anyone know if the 08 Element steps will fit an 09? Thanks, Randy
I thought the Honda side steps were a little spendy. So, I bought round black Steelcraft side steps from AutoAnything. Also bought the black Steelcraft grille and brush guard. I think they look great. Will post some pictures.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm thinking of getting side steps to help me reach my roof rack. A quick question...do the side steps reduce the vehicle clearance?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm thinking of getting side steps to help me reach my roof rack. A quick question...do the side steps reduce the vehicle clearance?
I want the sidesteps too, but for loading things in my LoadWarrior I just open the door and stand on the floorboard or even the tire. It gives you more height anyways ;-)

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts