Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was driving our 2006 ex -p home today and was stoped at traffic light. The lady behind her didnt get to a full stop in her mudrano till she tapped the rear bumper of our E.:-( My wife says she felt the bump from the other car, but when you look at the E the only evidece of the acident is a 1/2 inch scrapemark in the black plastic part of the rear bumper cover. what kind of dammage do i need to look for ? is there any posible place under the rear bumper cover that may be damaged that i need to look for or at? How about airbag sensors? No air bags were deployed but i do want to make sure everything is still as it should be as far a car safety. I gues i need to take it to a body shop and have it inpected . What do you think i should do? My wife says she feels a little neck tension, but is ok otherwise thankfuly.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Our '04 was rear-ended by a pick-up truck doing about 35mph. Fortunately all that was messed up was the bumper...no damage anywhere else.
Wouldnt hurt I guess to have it checked out just to be on the safe side, and for insurance purposes.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just looked at it in daylight . The crush absorber under the bumper cover feels soft in one spot where the impact was. so i will take it in to the body shop to have them check it out and see if it needs replaced.

The police made my wife feel dumb as they basicly siad there is no visable damage to your car, like they felt nothing even realy happened. It had been raining at the time and the car was wet making the only scratch on the bumper cover look very minor like normal wear and tear to a car. my wife didnt go to the Dr yet but says there is some anouyance to her neck.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The rear center cover is cheap at HandA at less then 40 dollars. Have the adjuster take a look at it just to be sure and if they cut you a check just order the part and its not hard to install. The police will do that as it makes them do some paperwork and thats the last thing they want to do other then giving out tickets..:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts