Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody,

I test drove my first element today and noticed when in drive only, at speeds between 40-75+ the transmission was making a whining sound. Since this is my first test drive, I wanted to ask you, owners, if this is considered a "normal" sound for the E, or if I should be concerned. I also noticed that the AC and heat fan or compressor was quite noisy when running. Also normal? Appreciate all your feedback!

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Hello Everybody,

I test drove my first element today and noticed when in drive only, at speeds between 40-75+ the transmission was making a whining sound. Since this is my first test drive, I wanted to ask you, owners, if this is considered a "normal" sound for the E, or if I should be concerned. I also noticed that the AC and heat fan or compressor was quite noisy when running. Also normal? Appreciate all your feedback!
No one answered your question yet so I thought I'd stick in a coupe of questions. You didn't say what kind of Element it is - 2wd, Awd, age, etc. I'm assuming it's an automatic only from your question so let's go through the little bit I know.

A good whine is a terrible thing to waste - pay attention to it. You could have a problem with that transmission which makes me nervous, or they could've just changed the fluid and gotten an air bubble in to the system that'll work out quickly. The question is: WHY would they change the transmission fluid just before selling it? Was it to cover up a problem? Was it an ATTEMPT to cover up something? If they didn't change the fluid, pull the dipstick and give it a look and smell test. If you don't know how, or if you're serious about that vehicle, I'd have a transmission mechanic have a listen to it and tell you better. Repairs could be costly.

My guess only is that the owner is possibly trying to sell it because of that noise.

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,983 Posts
Need more info.

year, transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts