Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am thinking about taking my GG Element to the Hollister Hills OHV park in California. The trips date would be October 4th. Hollister is in Northern CA south of the Bay and east of Gilroy off the 152. People from the Valley (Including me, in Stockton) take I-5 and then 152 west... basically... The trip would be a one day event. I know several people that will be there in Full Size trucks, and have the equipment needed for extraction of your vehicle if need be (I have some equipment). Check out this site for more info about the park as well as directions, http://www.hollisterhills.com/ . I am limiting the group to only Element owners with the 4 wheel drive option. My plan is to take us on some light trails, and enjoy off-roading, as well as teaching some simple techniques to driving off-road. Photos of previous trips to Hollister (sorry my GG hasn't been there yet, but I have) http://www.pavementsucks.com/album/album.php?album=4

This is a peliminary posting. If interested reply, and I can come up with more specific details regarding to what time to be there, caravanning... etc... in a later post.
Hopefully this will happen...
Take Care,
Joe Bohannon

·
Registered
311 Posts
MY GOODNESS.......I can't imagine an Element surviving this kind of treatment with such a low undercarriage. Even the 4X4's here seem to have been lifted and have very wide tires. That trip just might do your Element in. :shock:

LittleDogBox

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote:def41e0663="LittleDogBox"]MY GOODNESS.......I can't imagine an Element surviving this kind of treatment with such a low undercarriage. Even the 4X4's here seem to have been lifted and have very wide tires. That trip just might do your Element in. :shock:

LittleDogBox[/quote:def41e0663]

You may have seen Hollister in Off-Road Magazine articles as the test bed for "Tough Truck Competition"... However the parl is designed for vehicles lesser equiped.... This is by no means the end to an Element. As I stated before, we would only be driving down light trails, trails intended for "Stock" Vehicles. Overall it will be a fun trip, and I think you will be impressed of how well your Elements will do off-road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts