Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
205 Posts
Is Honda in a state of confusion/denial about what to do wrt marketing the Element? I ask this because I saw a new-to-me ad on TV last night from Honda that was extolling the virtues and choices of the various Honda trucks and it included the Odyssey(!?), CR-V and Pilot, and *not* the Element.

Whatever.

If the Odyssey is a truck and the Element isn't, in Honda's collective marketing mind, then the Civic is competition for Hummer.

peace,
-jdef

· Registered
1,620 Posts
Well that would fit with what my state farm insurance bill stated.....when we called to get our quote before we bought, the E was too new to be in his book, so he estimated my insurace at $539 for 6 months.....and a '03 Civic EX at $524......we got our bill to discover it was actually $471.....the I was reading my insurance card and it lists the E as a "Sport Wagon".....heh I don't care as long as it saves me some $$$$$!!!! :)

· Registered
50 Posts
Up until about a month ago, I saw Element ads here in Toronto, Canada on a daily basis ( I do not watch much TV ). Now that the NHL playoffs are on, I am parked in front of the box more than usual and the Element ads are nowhere to be found. Instead, I am seeing ad after ad for the Pilot. It is my theory that the Element ads have been removed because frankly Honda is not able to produce them fast enough to keep up with demand. I placed the order on my E about three weeks ago and It is not scheduled to be build until June. That means I will likely not see it until July. Vehicles scheduled for future production are already sold before any of them make it to the showroom floor. I am sure that more shifts will need to be added to the Ohio plant to catch up with the orders and return to filling the showrooms in the dealerships.

LQQK

· Registered
109 Posts
Reading isn't Philly for sure! I am from Philly... :D
Maybe they stopped advertising because they can't keep up with the demand. I think marketing it is futile, the people who want one, want one and are even willing to wait for them. Could be a production issue

· Registered
195 Posts
Well, I don't recall seeing any ads for it anywhere (TV or print) since like December or so when I saw ... um... one. In fact, had it not been for the Cleveland Auto Show, I wouldn't have known it existed. However, my dealer had plenty in stock and I only waited about 4 days to get my SOP.

Drew

· Registered
55 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Regarding that CRV, Oddessy, Pilot commercial, the Element wasn't included because that commercial was about how those three vehicles have won JD Powers best-in-class for the last two years in a row.

In a marketing publication I was reading recently, it was suggested that heavy adverstising, while effective on very young buyers, can have quite the opposite effect on young adults.

They used the Civic as an example. The Civic became a favorite of young mod-ers and ricers almost completely without the help of Honda's marketing department (but much to the surprise and delight of Honda). The experts in the article suggested that maybe had Honda TOLD this group that the Civic was the perfect hip, inexpensive car for modifiying then it might not have been such a big hit. Their thinking: this demographic doesn't like to be told what's cool.

Maybe that's why Honda has lightened up on the Element commercials. Could be a marketing research desicion.

· Registered
205 Posts
I hear you, tigernumber6, but even though they didn't target the demographic for the Civic, they absolutely marketed it. Many of those Richard Dreyfus voiced commercials have been for the Civic over the past few years. They simply never targeted the GenY demo.

I have no idea why the dearth of ads for the Element, and I don't think I really care one way or the other. I do know that I get asked about it almost daily and virtually all of them lead with "What is that? It looks like a little Hummer". They don't even know who manufactures it, since I removed the badges.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.