Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some opinions from current element owners. I've checked out the E and really love it's utilitarian design. However, I was also considering the Pilot or Odyssey. Need more room for hauling stuff and taking trips in comfort. Have a 98 CRV and like it but it seems much smaller on the inside than the E. I'd love to save $10k buying the E vs the Pilot or Odyssey. Will I be happy?

Thanks - great forum

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
It depends. If you are into the creature comforts of the crv or mini van probibly not. The element in not a lux ride. But if you like the utility of the crv (we a 99) the times that by 20. I sold my dakota for the element and I still sometimes have to haul big stuff but I can always borrow a truck. I personally like the element because it is to one truck that can do everything I need.

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote:e88e9a6edc="EforMe"]Need some opinions from current element owners. I've checked out the E and really love it's utilitarian design. However, I was also considering the Pilot or Odyssey. Need more room for hauling stuff and taking trips in comfort. Have a 98 CRV and like it but it seems much smaller on the inside than the E. I'd love to save $10k buying the E vs the Pilot or Odyssey. Will I be happy?

Thanks - great forum[/quote:e88e9a6edc]

I am not sure if you would like the Element more than the Pilot. The Pilot has a much larger engine, and 240 HP and is more sophisticated over all. If you don't mind spending the extra money, get the Pilot. If you do mind spending the extra money for the Pilot, than certainly the E will make most people very happy.

However, I don't think that the Pilot is $10,000 more than the Element. A 4WD EX Element is about $21,000. The Pilot is about $27,000.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, at least your decision is a positive one no matter which way you go. I test drove the CRV and was all ready to buy one but then decided to test drive the Element. What sold me is the roomier interior plus no carpeting. I have messy grandchildren so that was a plus! Also, I have asthma and carpeting is a hinderance. But most importantly I just fell in love with it. Test drive all 3 cars before you make a decision.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.