Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 DX, hubcaps were missing when I got it, so i had to improve the look. Element wheels seem to go for over $200 each. For less than $250.00 I picked up this set of used 03 Pilot wheels from a salvage yard in SC, including shipping. Cleaned up better than I thought they would. Was going to paint them black, but decided to leave them natural. I also picked up a set of new Toyo A/T's. 225/70R16. Under $600.00. I like the look now!

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,707 Posts
Ooh Yeah! Looks Awesome! Make you wonder why Honda didn't use those wheels on the Element to begin with! :)

And the Outline White Letters always wake up the appearance of any Element! :)

Great choice! :)

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT (two!); 2008 LX FWD AT
1,755 Posts
They look good. I guess I'm old school; if you're going to paint wheels black, you might as well stay with steelies. I just repainted the wheel covers on my LX; briefly thought about trying the "chrome" spray ..... nah! Stayed with plain silver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 03 DX, hubcaps were missing when I got it, so i had to improve the look. Element wheels seem to go for over $200 each. For less than $250.00 I picked up this set of used 03 Pilot wheels from a salvage yard in SC, including shipping. Cleaned up better than I thought they would. Was going to paint them black, but decided to leave them natural. I also picked up a set of new Toyo A/T's. 225/70R16. Under $600.00. I like the look now! View attachment 210210 View attachment 210211 View attachment 210212

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought my DX with these wheels on it. The previous owner thought it was an EX (and tricked me as well) because of these. They kinda look like a cross between the older and newer alloy Element wheels.

It seems like a good fit, but so far yours is the only other E I've seen with them. I wonder how common it is!

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,707 Posts
I think the Pilot wheels would really look great if the dark gray recesses on the spokes were painted in the body color (like mine in SOP). :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts