Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 12 year and trouble-free experience with my '91 Civic until it was totalled in an accident. Now that I'm shopping again the Element is in almost every way a perfect vehicle for my needs, but there are a few issues. What may seem trivial to some can be a deciding factor to others. Lose the ridiculous cooler. It wastes space, and could only hold 3 or four cans if you actually put ice in there. At the very least make it an option. I need to carry long items that would easily slide in between the seats if the cooler was gone. And yes, I know the cooler is removable, but you still have the base to contend with.

Give customers a choice with interior colors. I know this helps keep production costs down, but people want more than one option when they are spending a decent amount of money on something. For example, I love the Polished Metal Metallic exterior, but it only comes with a beige (sorry titanium) interior ...no way. If I could get the PMM exterior with gray interior and no cooler- I would buy one immediately. As it is I'll hold off for 2010 and see what happens.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a 12 year and trouble-free experience with my '91 Civic until it was totalled in an accident. Now that I'm shopping again the Element is in almost every way a perfect vehicle for my needs, but there are a few issues. What may seem trivial to some can be a deciding factor to others. Lose the ridiculous cooler. It wastes space, and could only hold 3 or four cans if you actually put ice in there. At the very least make it an option. I need to carry long items that would easily slide in between the seats if the cooler was gone. And yes, I know the cooler is removable, but you still have the base to contend with.

Give customers a choice with interior colors. I know this helps keep production costs down, but people want more than one option when they are spending a decent amount of money on something. For example, I love the Polished Metal Metallic exterior, but it only comes with a beige (sorry titanium) interior ...no way. If I could get the PMM exterior with gray interior and no cooler- I would buy one immediately. As it is I'll hold off for 2010 and see what happens.
Not sure how true the rumor was, but there was rumblings a while ago about there not being a 2010 Element. I have a 2008 Element which doesn't have the center cooler. You should check around and see if there are any 08 leftovers. Personally, I like the looks of the '08 better than the '09 as well. Good luck with whatever you decide.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts